Write about your Round

Ayyy way to play!! Glad to hear everything is coming together. Just gonna get better and better.

1 Like

Amazing - congrats! Glad to hear stories like these :smiley:

2 Likes

I played yesterday morning for the first time in about three weeks, which is a long layoff for me. The weather was absolutely perfect (about 60 degrees in the morning), and I got to play a course Iā€™ve wanted to try out for a few years.

It doesnā€™t happen too often, but my swing was truly ā€œin the zoneā€ - particularly with my irons. I donā€™t think I missed the sweet spot more than twice all day and had about 6-7 approach shots within 8 feet of the pin (they were smart targets :wink:). It felt like I was conducting a symphony with my irons - total control of distance and trajectory. I really think itā€™s the best ball-striking Iā€™ve ever had.

Most importantly, being out on the course was a much-needed break from all of the drama our country is going through this week. As @CoryO mentioned, on another thread, golf is such a special way to take a break from reality. This year is a reminder of just how important it is to me. I often tell my wife I wouldā€™ve lost my mind if it werenā€™t for golf and this website in 2020. I think itā€™s been a real challenge for everyone, but I still believe better days are ahead! Cheers to this game.

6 Likes

Heck yeah! That is so amazing @jon. Thank you for sharing with us so we can re-live that happiness with you.

Played my first nine holes since I hurt my back (beginning of August)ā€¦ It was nice?

Played by myself on a frost delay day, so it was cold and I havenā€™t swung a club full since Augustā€¦ It went OK! Focused on trying to hit the middle of the green, had some good shotsā€¦ had 2 bad three putts (opening hole was fine, one downhill putt was just brain dead)ā€¦ had a nice birdie I completely credit the DECADE system forā€¦ aimed for the middle of the green, left it 10 yards short, and had 6 feet to the pin!! Had another good miss on another holeā€¦ and one dumb miss on 9 where I put it into the bunker that shouldnā€™t have been on my line but Iā€™m still learning the whole ā€œmiddle of the greenā€ strategy.

3 Likes

Take it easy with your back man.

1 Like

I played today for the first time in five or so weeks. Little chilly around 50 with probably a 10 mph wind from the south. I found another gear with my driver Iā€™ve been searching for and absolutely smashed it all day. I hit 12/14 fairways and probably legitimately averaged 325 off the tee all day. Tee shot on 10 went 357 (according to GPS) with wind from my 5 oā€™clock. Not quite Bryson numbers, but a pretty solid poke for me.
My wedge play was a little suspect, but that tends to be what rusts the most when I have a layoff. Had I hit better approaches with the ā€œscoringā€ clubs I could have gone pretty low.
I putted really well with my new EVNRoll. Iā€™ve never felt so comfortable with a putter in my life.
All in all a two-under 70 I was very happy with.

Honestly, it could have been a 90 and I would have been just as happy. Felt really good to get out. Hereā€™s hoping for some more unseasonably warm days ahead.

6 Likes

Played 18 this morning, went home and watched the Masters, and was inspired to squeeze in another 9. Ball-striking has come back around where I feel like Iā€™m not really trying to hit the ball, but just swinging and letting the ball get in the way. Especially in my nine this afternoon, I just played without paying much attention and was pleasantly surprised that it was a 37 in the end.

Also set to play again first thing in the morning (wife has the kids on a no-husbands camping trip with a couple friends).

4 Likes

Another decent round this morning outside of a couple of the par 3ā€™s. Managed to birdie a nemesis hole for the first time though, so everything else was gravy:

(Very downhill on the drive BTW)

2 Likes

Boss invited me out. Took four Advil and some muscle relaxers (double Titoā€™s and soda).

Shot 79 with a triple on 18. Just lost focus as we had closed out our match on 17. Hit a 3w OB when I could have just gone 5i wedge to almost guarantee bogey. Se la vie

Played par 5ā€™s 5 over :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Think I may have figured out the new driver after good days with it Friday and today!

-1.24 SG OTT today compared to tour and if you take out the OB ball with a 3 wood it was a .76!! Was -.76 on Friday. Hope the streak continues

Gained 1.2 putting and didnā€™t make anything over 15 feet, think longest make was 12 feet.

Felt good going under par for first time in a long time.

1 Like

I played 2 balls at once today teeing of at 1700 and finishing at 2010 (sunset 2001) The first ball shot 87 with 4 pars and a chip in birdie and the 2nd ball shot 87 with 5 pars. Not quite to my handicap(need to shoot 85) but any round with a 8 in front of it is a good round. Had four 3putt bogeys and had to chip out sideways after a few wayward drives but no round is perfect.

1 Like

Played yesterday in the cold and wind and shot an 85, but of course I wasnā€™t thrilled lol. I 3-jacked 2 tough par 3ā€™s and missed a couple of short putts. Greens were slower than usual and aerated earlier in the week so I had an excuse, but my putting just sucked. Too bad as I hit the ball really solid. Not trying to hit any fades, I just went with the high draw.

I found some old but unused Z Star X balls from probably 5-7 years ago in my basement and played those. Honestly seemed as good as anything else Iā€™ve played recently. Maybe my hands were too cold to notice a difference lol. I actually used some toe warmers in my shoes and they are awesome lol. Hopefully get another round in next weekend.

1 Like

I have a big box of TaylorMade Penta TP3s I keep on meaning to put into play. They were already four years old when I got them and now Iā€™ve had them another four.

2 Likes

I found some out rocketballz I got from a member guest in 2013ā€¦ I liked those balls!

My favorite ball of all time (for no real reason) was the maxfli revolutionā€¦ it was liquid filled!

Yeah I found a few sleeves of the old Z Star X along with some Penta TP Reds, Lethal, TP3, TP5, Hex Black, et al. It was a treasure trove of old but new balls!

1 Like

Went out again at 1700 today and after a double at the first had 6p 3bi 7b 1d 1t for a 79 my best ever score(par 70) Pitched in on 13 the same hole I chipped in yesterday. Could have been better if I hadnā€™t shanked a ball ob on the last.

2 Likes

I found a revolution today under a tree on my first hole, but I think it was the solid core. I hit it on the next hole, but thinned it and it hopped down the ravine.

1 Like

It was destined to be one with the course.

Well that was a fun way to finish the round:

I was mostly just practicing on the first nine, so the total is probably a couple shots lower than it actually was, but the back nine was straight golf. Might be in a scramble tomorrow, so I was playing some really aggressive lines and the putter finally woke up for the last three.

6 Likes