Write about your Round

Played really well today. 6 pars and a birdie. 8 one putts and no 3 putts for 28 putts. 5 of my pars were up and downs, one from a bunker. Could have been better if not for the 17th. Incredible drive to 90m out then hit a tree, hit it over the back, 2 to get back on then 2 putts for a triple. Recovered for a good bogey on the last.

2 Likes

Played UFs course today. Beautiful weather. Par on first two holes then it all went to shit lol

2 Likes

Weird round today. Was striking the ball fairly well, just wasn’t really lining things up right (was a bit tired and drained from the start). Didn’t have a single one putt, but still wound up with 32 putts total because I chipped in twice with my 8-iron.

5 Likes

Gainesville Country Club. Beautiful morning in North Florida. Shot a 99. Bright spot was my wedge play. Practice is paying off there. Tee shots left me playing punch out too often and new putter (along w/new arm lock technique) needs breaking in. Worst 3 putt round of my season. Super fast greens and a heavier head than I’m used to was a bad combo.

3 Likes

Went out again this morning. Amazing how many different ways I can find to shoot the same score. Every full round out there has been 77-78, but none all that similar.

2 Likes

I’m heading out in the morning for three days of golf at Streamsong. Looking forward to trying out the new Mach 1 grass on the greens.

6 Likes

So jealous. It snowed here today.

Yesterday was 68 degrees and perfect. I finally got out and played. I hadn’t touched a club in two weeks. Changing jobs and medical wife busy as heck starting respiratory season. Zero time.

I played well. 70 at the new club. I felt like Cam Champ with driver in my hands. Absolutely bombing it. Putter failed me a little as I was pretty dialed in everywhere else, but I will never ever complain about under par. Clean scorecard. 16 pars, two birdies.

Now I’m wondering if my season is over. I’m hoping not, but you never know in Nebraska.

3 Likes

Played for my sixth day in a row at the club this morning (3 nines and 3 eighteen hole rounds). Course is closed tomorrow for maintenance, probably good for me physically even if mentally I want to get back out there. Rough front 9 as I was trying to work through my swing while out there, never a good idea. After an ugly double on 10 and a fairly lucky par on 11, I just tried to turn everything off, focus on the back of the ball and swing. Wasn’t perfect for the rest by any means, but much better shots in general.

3 Likes

I had a weird weekend in a 2 man tourney. Course was short, 6500. Fairways were wide but also a penalty drop if you missed them.

I played stupid and putted poorly in first round 80 with 4 doubles, a hole out eagle, and 3 tap in birdies.

Played a bit smarter round 2, hit a bunch more long irons off tees. Topped a 4 iron in the junk and doubled my 2nd hole, but made 6 birdies including 2-2 putts on drivable par 4’s, but also had three 3 putts and a 4 putt for a +2 74.

Hit a ton of great irons both days and a few good drivers the 2nd day, but longest putt I made all week was 10 ft, and overall my putting was pretty terrible.

My partner also struggled and we ended up 2 strokes behind 2nd and 1 behind 3rd :grimacing:

2 Likes

We need Jon to start planning our Practical Golf Winter outing here in Florida.

3 Likes

I need to find a skytrak I can get in less than 8 weeks. Had a line on one and the guy backed out last minute. Huge bummer.

Nice round!!
I played my 15th ever round Thurs, felt great, got some good tee shots and a couple of GIR, pitching wedge and 4 iron actually working! But it’s snowing today, that was likely my last round this year (but we’ll see about next week!)

3 Likes

Way to go!! I feel your weather pain. Keep that swing warm this winter!!

1 Like

Hi Henny thanks for the like. Today was a nice sunny 24degs with light winds. Started double, par then another double. Finished with 84(14 over) 8 pars 6 bogies and 4 doubles. Playing 6 rounds a week it was my best round since 17/7. 5 gir, one on the fringe and 2 about 1m off the green. Great finish with 3 pars in a row. The 3 greens I just missed I chipped them all to 2 foot. My best rounds have been 9 pars or 8 pars and a birdie so with 8 pars I am nearly at my best. Tomorrow is forecast for another sunny day of 26 with light wind. Hopefully I can have another good round

1 Like

Oh, you’re in Oz, right? Spring going into summer! Another nice round for you, playing 6 rounds a week, I’m jealous! We’re getting a bite of winter early, sigh. Won’t get up to 40 F all week. (4 degrees C) But next week, perhaps normal fall weather…

Id say come on down except we aren’t letting anyone in due to trying to keep covid out. Don’t know what snow is here in Adelaide. Heard a koala but couldn’t see it. They live high up in the trees and make a loud grunting noise calling for a mate. Go to mogc.com.au for a video of wildlife on our course.

1 Like

Wouldn’t catch me on a plane, with the Covid going around. Willing to ship you some snow if you like, we should have 3-5 inches of it today!. Hope the koalas don’t call right when you’re in your backswing, LOL Will check out the video! Here we get lots of deer, a few rabbits on the course. Happy golfing!

@HennyPenny Since I joined 2.5yrs ago I have seen goats, a deer, snakes, a fox, and too many rabbits. Koalas sometimes walk across the tee when you are about to hit. The noisiest person on the course is the sulfur crested cockatoo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERYamZkj_xQ. You wouldn’t get me on a plane either. Hope the weather improves so you can squeeze in another round :slightly_smiling_face:

Best ball striking round I’ve had since joining the new club, hit every Par 3 in regulation and a bunch of decent-to-good irons. Unfortunately, the honeymoon of playing the course’s version of “slow” greens (only rolling 9-10) after being punched is over and now they are a slick 12+. 35 putts and it honestly could have been more. Walked the 18 in 2:30.

2 Likes

Shot an 88 today! Second time ever breaking 90 and first time after getting back into golf last month.

Shoutout to my Skillest coach Travis who’s swing feedback has helped my long game a ton.

Also, I bought @Adamyounggolf Strike and Accuracy plan and it has changed my world when it comes to understanding my ball striking and ball flights. I can’t recommend them enough.

Lastly, this forum and the blog have been a huge help. It’s this only golf forum I visit and I’ve picked up a lot of useful tips from the people on here. It’s a great addition to the already amazingly helpful blog posts on the PG site.

10 Likes