Where My Accessory Nerds At?

I just ordered one through here… I need a better club cleaning tool… @jon you mentioned a caddy towel, but I can’t find the link.

3 Likes

I actually have a fresh stock of towels coming this weekend, here is the link for the one with my logo

I think I mentioned this on another thread, but I’m going to have head covers, tee shirts, yardage books, and towels all available soon. My goal is to use some of the proceeds to help me donate $5000 to Youth on Course this year. I donate a portion of my revenue to them every year and this year I want to go bigger!

I’m very happy with how these came out!

8 Likes

Is the putter cover magnetic or Velcro?

magnetic on the putter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it ok to ask who you’re sourcing the head covers through because they look awesome.

Sweet I’m in as soon as they’re available. I mean with the name like practical golf, I figured you would have them with magnets but just had to double check. It’s not very practical to use Velcro, it just wears out. That’s the problem with the cover for my Scotty. Why in the world…hahaha Thanks Jon. It’s also awesome that you’re using the proceeds to help kids. A big part of why I want to make it in golf is to serve under privileged youth from the inner cities. Most will never have the opportunity. I want to make a non-profit and supply the schools with the ability to get those kids on the course. Golf teaches us all of the life lessons we need.

4 Likes

This is the company, and they have been awesome to deal with. But they are more geared towards wholesaler accounts

Thanks, Jim. I think Youth On Course is the best way to get golf into the hands of kids that would never have had the chance. They are growing rapidly and I feel comfortable knowing that every dollar I give to them is going to its best use!

4 Likes

I love this. The only way to fall in love with the game is to be given the chance.

2 Likes

People are probably familiar with some of the ahem “issues” in Texas last week. Used my practical golf towel after my first shower in 4 days when the water came back on :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

that was definitely not the scenario I envisioned when I had the towels made, but I’m glad they helped you in your time of need!!!

5 Likes

Just received my GrooveIt brush. Tremendous concept; I hope the results match up!

First impressions are pretty good. Feels a bit chunky, but needs to be for the reservoir. I’m not worried about it falling off the bag - the magnet is so strong I wasn’t sure it would come apart. I’m curious how the nylon bristles will stand up, but there’s a three-year guarantee.

Looking forward to trying it in combat conditions tomorrow!

3 Likes

You will LOVE it!
Been using mine (thanks @jon!) several rounds, best ever! I use 409 in reservoir, wipe with frogger towel; like new grooves.

2 Likes

you definitely don’t need to worry about the bristles they are STRONG. I am waiting for the next batch of inventory I’ve reserved. Hopefully, it will be here in June. I love mine still!

2 Likes

Should have waited and gotten it through PG, @jon! :slightly_smiling_face:

Using Windex in mine @Fraser; did a good job on (mostly) clean clubs and am eager to see it in a live situation!

1 Like

Windex… interesting… I’ve contemplated different liquids, but have stuck with water.

Love mine. The magnet is awesome.

2 Likes

Ok, i’m convinced and went and bought a GrooveIt so I guess I’m officially part of the PGAN (practical golf accessory nerds).

For my ball mark of choice, I bought a 1921 silver dollar on ebay for around $12 which I’m quite fond of. I grew up golfing with my dad who was born in 1921 so it reminds me of him and the good times we had together on the golf course.

2 Likes

That’s an awesome idea on the coin, but I’d lose it! My dad loves using foreign coins as ball markers… he and his buddy had a standing bet about baseball for $5 and over time it devolved into sending random foreign currency… so he always had some “fun money” on hand. He is partial to the Canadian Loony, though.

1 Like

I also have a set of hickory clubs and I bought a buffalo nickel for a $1 or $2 that is in that bag should I go “old school style” to the course.

The Loony is a strong, strong choice as a ball mark I must say – matches my putting style.

2 Likes

I have a 5 cent piece from one of the Caribbean islands that’s scalloped - a bit like an 8-armed starfish. It’s a great ball mark, except it’s so light that even a modest breeze blows it across the green!

I went out as a single late one day a couple years back and got paired with a much older gentleman. He introduced himself and said he was going to be a bit slow since he was playing hickory shafts. I assured him it wouldn’t be a problem and marveled at the way he effectively bunted the ball around the course!

3 Likes