Where My Accessory Nerds At?

Nor do I. I never have to fumble for a marker, and ( particularly important to me) I never lose them

2 Likes

Yeah, I might pick one up… I never have a ball marker handy.

2 Likes

Also like Daphne - I got a big black dog as a holiday gift from my wife … as we have two big black dopey fun dawgs.

There seem to bea bunch of new startup companies making custom head covers, so a web search could always turn up something new!

OK, opening the can of worms here…

Why the prob with iron covers?

And I’m getting it out there - I use 'em.

There are often discussed, but unwritten rules of golf and one of them is no iron covers. The reasons people list are many, but could make people feel bad and I’m not about that life.

But I do subscribe to no iron covers.

1 Like

Ok fair enough … this old padawan still learning…!

Not to get on a tangent here, but can you share more of those unwritten rules of golf? I’ve looked at the rules of golf, but these are…unwritten. So as not to embarrass myself on the course!

2 Likes

Ha, they vary by location.

All I ask of people playing golf with me:

Respect my turn hitting the ball… be quiet, don’t move in my eyeline and just be aware I’m hitting a golf ball.

Try to keep track of your own ball but ask for help if you need it… I’d rather help you find yours then realize you can’t find it when I’ve already walked away and have to walk back. Help me find my ball if it goes errant!

Stay social, have fun and be ready to play… playing fast is less about rushing and more being ready to go when it’s your turn to hit… but we are out there to have fun, so have fun!

1 Like

Thanks. My sister taught me these. Courtesy and common sense, helps a lot!

1 Like

So just for fun, I left everything but my putter cover in the car yesterday. Played 9 on a really hilly course the locals call “The Billy Goat 9”. It’s that hilly.
We walked ( both have pushcarts) to add a workout into the round. Not my best day, but I’ll cheerfully take a 50 on that particular course any day. Everything drops off left, the fairways, the greens, even the tee boxes.

I didn’t realize how much of a time suck club covers are until yesterday. My friend had ALL of her club covers on, and by the 5th hole I was getting irked at waiting for her to wipe down her club, get the cover on, walk to her next shot, take the cover off, lather, rinse repeat.

I’m converted.

3 Likes

Yessss!!! Iron covers especially are a huge time suck and unless you just want pristine forged irons, who cares if your clubs show wear. They’re supposed to!!

2 Likes

I finally decided I’d get one custom made - sent a mail to SCG, but no reply. Is there a better way to contact the guy?

Best way is on Instagram. @sawyercogolf

1 Like

I got a reply by mail. Just ordered a custom copper ball marker from him. Excited for it!

1 Like

We need a photo when it arrives :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Will post some one it’s here!

1 Like

Just ordered a GrooveIt club brush thru PG … looks like it will work well with my OCD of cleaning each club after each shot… :rofl::rofl:

Plus (product plug :wink:) Jon bundled it with “Insider” access, his ebook and some DECADE vids!! :+1:

5 Likes

I have a feeling you’ll like it. I got one for Christmas and after playing a muddy course last weekend, I was impressed with how well it cleans your clubs. The magnet on the brush is a nice addition as you can easily remove the brush from your bag. Plus, it goes back on easily, those magnets are stout.

3 Likes

I like my 6 in 1 divot tool

As promised, here’s my ballmarker from SawyerCoGolf:

The seven pointed star is a symbol often used by Tool, one of my favorite bands. Its purpose is to keep bad things away, which should work well on the golf course :sweat_smile:

On the other side is a quote by Sam Snead, and the two stars symbolize my two kids.

5 Likes