What's your goal?

We talked about it in Narrating Your Game. I’m not as consistent with it as I should be. I think I have to be “in the zone” for it to feel natural (for example, I narrated a good chunk of my round this morning), but might help me get into that zone if I talk through the shots I’m going to hit.

4 Likes

Nice grammar Dave- after being quoted.

Thanks for the link, I said I was going to try it back in October, but it’s golf season again so maybe I’ll really try it :joy:

4 Likes

Ditto. I went to the range today to work on the driver a bit. Found myself falling down the hole if “let me try this swing thought or feel”… Thankfully, there was only a few balls of that before something in my mind said “what are trying to do with this shot?”

It was like a light went off. I verbalized every shot intention of the rest of the bucket. I’d state my intended start line, where the ball would curve to, the trajectory, and what kind of divot depth for off the turf shots.

I hit the shot I intended about 80-85% of the time once I started doing that and the misses would of been very manageable on a course.

Now I gotta remember to do it when I play :joy:

2 Likes

@okiwiz is golfing at a legendary frequency

2 Likes

I haven’t played since last Monday as I have strained an intercostal muscle in my left ribs.

2 Likes

Get well soon! I jinxed you!

1 Like

Last Monday I was a bit sore after the round. Tuesday I only lasted 2.5 holes with acute pain just as I turned my torso thru impact. Doctor checked out my heart, sent me for an xray and settled on a pulled muscle. Not really in pain anymore but tender to touch. I will see how I in the morning and if okay will try to play in the afternoon. Thanks for the wishes.

3 Likes

My goal this year was to get back into competition that will put me against better players to test how much, if at all, I can play up to my competition.
Today I signed up for Nebraska Am, Nebraska Mid-Am, US Am Qualifier, and US Mid-Am Qualifiers. Also going to sign up for Indian Creek Invitational, which used to put the winner in the Korn Ferry Pinnacle Bank, but no longer does since it’s going to be the Tour Finale.
Looking at a few smaller ramp up tourneys that will have a handful of players that are very good, as well.
My game feels as good or better than it’s ever been. I’m excited to get back into competitive golf. Hopefully I can keep it together.

6 Likes

Good luck! Sounds like a fun adventure… I’m hoping to feel confident enough in my game at the end of this season to do some tournaments next year… My current game is a mess.

My new goal for 2021 is to clean up my game and feel comfortable over the ball… it’s funny, as a kid, I was always confident in my golf game, despite being worse than I am now… I’d like to regain that youthful exuberance but temper it with the wisdom of my years… (I’ll also need to acquire some wisdom, but that’s a different topic!)…

My “scoring” goal for the year is to have a round with 0 double bogeys, which is a very achievable feat, it just requires me to stay focused on the course and not make multiple mistakes.

2 Likes