What's out of your bag?

Yeah maybe. My current SW (56) has 14 bounce…and LW (60) has 10. Both are Cleveland…which from what I’ve seen are nearly always high bounce (at least the left handed versions I can find).

I just picked up the 52, SW (56) with 11 bounce, and LW (60) with 7 bounce that are Titleist Vokeys. Since it’s winter here in Salt Lake City, I haven’t been able to try the wedges out of a sand trap that isn’t frozen/packed…just fairway and mats.

Perhaps the answer is to leave out the 52 if the new SW is consistent from the fairway with less bounce for me.

1 Like

Nice. That sounds like a good mix…

14 bounce is a lot! I played last season with a wide soled 58 with 12 degrees bounce and it was great for me around the greens and out of traps… it was pretty exclusively a finesse club and not use outside of 10 yards (mostly)… I’d break it out if I needed to get over a tree.

I just moved back to a set gap wedge vs my vokey 50 degree to have some more forgiveness on 100 yard shots… I’m curious to see if it works.

1 Like

Just got the Srixon ZX Utility to possibly replace my hybrid. Never hit it before but it looks great! Can’t wait to try it out

3 Likes

If it didn’t cost me anything, I’d build an entire Srixon bag (I’d even go so far as getting cleveland wedges and a putter)… those clubs just look awesome and I’ve heard nothing but good things.

Hope the utility works for you! I’m getting tempted by the PXG for $140, but have the Sub70 already and am quite happy with it.

Love my cleveland wedges, just added 3rd wedge but haven’t hit that either.

Was going to get Sub70 utility, but they won’t have lefties in for a while.

2 Likes

Yeah, left handed options are always interesting…

I’ve been thinking about what I want to replace my wedges with next time, and Cleveland is high up on the list… I’m thinking about moving away from the “blade” wedge and getting something like the CBX2.

We will see, my current wedges still have plenty of life on their faces… I’m hoping to get in enough rounds to wear them out this year, though!

1 Like

I’ve played Cleveland SW and LW forever. I love the LW and love the SW from a bunker, but can’t hit the SW from the fairway consistently (too much bounce - as I mentioned above). I’m hoping to find something different in the Vokeys from the fairway…

Yeah - being a left sucks when it comes to finding good deals and good selection on equipment. I love the black Sub70 selection…but none for lefties. I emailed them today to get an ETA on black lefties…

Cleveland has been offering different bounces on the wedges, typically options down to 52* wedges (then all seem to be stock 10* bounce).

I talked to Sub70 CEO (wish I could buy their stuff with how available they all are and wanting to help, good job @Sub70_Jay ) and he said the lefty utility irons wouldn’t be available until probably next year or whenever the next generation came out. Not sure about other lefty items.

3 Likes

In regards to LH options…we will have a LH driver, LH fairway woods and LH putters by the middle of this year. We’re trying to offer most new products in LH options going forward so we’ll definitely be adding to the lefty mix

4 Likes

About 2 months ago, between lockdowns, I lost my 60 degree Cleveland wedge. Its forced me to focus on getting more creative and better with my 54 degree M4 and my game has improved massively as a result. I feel more confident with the club and manipulate the club face to give me the loft I require.

Makes me wonder if its better to get really competent with fewer clubs…

1 Like

Short time on the range and even though my swing is awful (having not played for a while), the hybrid is offfically out of the bag. The utility is awsome even if I can’t hit it straight. Definitely more consistent for me than the hybrid (with very small sample size)

3 Likes

Replaced my Burner 3 wood, 15 degree loft with a Tour Edge, EXS 220 3 wood at 13.5 degrees. Helps me with my low punches on the par 5’s when my drive gets in the trees and gives me about 10-20 more yards off the turf on those same par 5’s which is getting me real close to the greens on my second shot if my drive is good.

Its wet right now in Louisiana but when it gets hard I should get even more yards out of it with the run we get on the short grass fairways where I play.

Jon had an article on the shallow face depth producing a better hit and its true.

3 Likes

Sounds like a nice upgrade!

My behemoth of a putter, my 600+ gram tank #7 is out… seemore putter is ordered.

Practicing tempo with it right now.

4 Likes

I put a new Cobra Speedzone Tour Length driver in the bag in November. It replaced a Titleist 913D2. I didn’t get fitted or try any other driver. I was physically unable to swing a club after surgery on my hand in November. What I needed at the time was some retail therapy.

After reading a number of reviews about the club and shaft, I bought the Cobra on-line sight unseen. I played with it for the first time last week and like it. The Tensei R shaft in the Cobra feels a little whippier than the Diamana in the Titleist but the torque spec is less – go figure. The Tensei flights the ball differently. The total weight difference between the drivers is only a few grams but the higher swing weight of the Cobra feels better to me.

Is there a more suitable driver out there for me? Probably but I’ll never know until the next cycle. The Cobra improves my off center hits and swing tempo. That’s enough from an equipment perspective. The rest is up to me.

5 Likes

Nice! Retail therapy is always good, but I’m glad you like the club.

2 Likes

Older Vokey 56 SW out, new Cleveland CBX2 in. Loving the cavity back for full swings and losing nothing close to the green!

1 Like

2 utility out, 3 hybrid back in. Maybe that will change on very windy days…but I doubt it.

1 Like

I think I’m pulling the set gap wedge and going back to the vokey gap wedge… no idea what my new set will have.

1 Like

I’ve had mixed results with set gap wedges. Good call.

1 Like