What's out of your bag?

Just pulled my utility iron in favor of my hybrid. After 2 days with it back in my bag I can’t believe I ever took it out

1 Like

It’s been so wet this past week or so I decided to pull my 4i and throw an old 5h back in. It’s a 23* 5h so more of a 4h compared to my irons. I guess banishing it to the basement for a couple of years worked as it’s behaving nicely so far.

1 Like

3W benched in favor of 3H. Top end of bag is D, 5w, 3h. For now. As long as they behave.

3 Likes

Best way to keep them behaving is to buy replacements. :rofl:

3 Likes

If it keeps raining here I may get myself an all hybrid iron set. I think the hybrids go through the mud better lol.

1 Like

Where are you at that you get to see rain? I’m in Utah and we are in a horrendous drought…I’d kill for a bit of rain here to help our fairly dire situation out.

2 Likes

East coast has been wet… hoping it moves your way!

2 Likes

I’m in Connecticut. Rain and/or thunderstorms every day for a few weeks now. We actually were in semi-drought (for New England) conditions in the early Spring and all of last summer (my lawn is still dead from last year), but we got +8" of rain one day and +6" another. I’m not sure what the total is, but no chance of my well running dry now.

I hear out West has been really, really bad. Wish I could send some your way. Weather here has been crazy the last 5 years or so. I’ve lived here all of my near 55 years and we’ve always had extremes, but they have gotten much worse.

1 Like

So Utah is always dry(ish)…as a high desert in Northern Utah and just flat out desert in Southern Utah, but the last few years have been super dry…even during the winters. We’re probably 2-3 really wet years from getting our snowpack and reservoirs back to “normal”…

Needless to say, most golf courses are hard and fast :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In/out of bag is a revolving door or better yet Russian roulette for me. :grin:
Our group plays a variety of courses over the course of a month. So which club goes in/out depends on that.
13° & 15° fairway woods, Rapture 23° 4 iron & 23° 4 hybrid or 20° 3 hyb, sometimes a 60° wedge gets to tag along. Most of the time there’s only 12 clubs in my bag. My iron set came 7i to GW. I have a sgi Ping K15 6i 28° & don’t play a 5i.

Also here in the Poconos we’ve been blessed with 3¼" of rain since last week. My lawn looks like the rough at Bethpage on U.S. Open week. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

My Adams CMBs, which served admirably as a way to kick my 25 year old irons out of my bag, are now kicked out of the bag… They are being replaced by Srixon ZX5s. I toyed with a blended set and some other options, but just went straight ZX5 from top to bottom…

Hopefully they will be here when I get back from Idaho!

3 Likes

Take a respirator to Idaho with you…the smoke here in Salt Lake City is so bad from California, Oregon, and Utah wildfires…

1 Like

Ugh… hopefully it’s not too bad… we will be in the sun valley area… my mom hasn’t mentioned smoke, so hopefully it’s not bad.

I may drop my 3w for a mini-driver. I almost never hit 3w off the deck, but mainly off the tee for some doglegs. Reshafted the TM Mini 13.5* and added some weight and it was easier to hit straight vs 3w. Could be too long for some doglegs depending on the tee, but then 5w should be good.

1 Like

Have you hit the new one? I’m very interested in it.

1 Like

No I’ve only seen pictures of the new one.

I was able to snag a used TM Original One Mini a couple of months ago, but didn’t have the right shaft for it so I wasn’t using it. Finally reshafted and was at the range last night slowly adding lead tape. Unfortunately my driver/woods swing is just horrible right now, but I was doing ok with the Mini so it may even be my driver this weekend.

Our rough is so crazy right now you really can’t afford to not be in the fairway. I would actually take 20-30 yds shorter in the fairway vs rough. I’m a horrible bunker player and yet I’m yelling “get in the bunker” constantly now lol.

1 Like

Well, my Cobra Speedzone driver is looking like it’s on its way out of the bag. Been piecing it together all year and it’s time to see what works better for my revamped swing.
I have a fitting scheduled for 7/28. Trying a new fitter. Usually a Club Champion guy, but their turnaround times along with some bad blood from a recent encounter with them has me wanting to go elsewhere. I found a highly regarded fitter here in town and hoping we can find something that doesn’t feel like so much work to hit.

2 Likes

As I said on Twitter, I’m curious as to what you like… my guess is titliest… but maybe ping?
I haven’t hit any of the new stuff… I got the mavrik here and have been rolling with it since…

Hopefully they have plenty of heavy and stiff options for you to try! It’s always a challenge for me, especially as I like midsize grips.

1 Like

I’m brand agnostic, so I don’t have a preference. That being said, the Titleist 913D3 is my favorite driver of all time. I kept it in the bag for almost 7 years. I hit a stock setup of the TSi3 recently and loved it, so we’ll see.
Guy I’m in league with is somewhat of a short knocker - maybe averages 240 off the tee - and just got Sim2 and is hitting it 25 yards longer than his Mavrik without changing a single thing swing-wise.
Distance isn’t my issue. I can grab any club off the rack and hit it 290-300+. I need consistency. I’m tired of guessing where the ball is going to go.

2 Likes

Ha, sticking with my guesses of titleist Or ping… neither are known for being exceptionally long, but both have solid reputations.

1 Like