What's out of your bag?

As I said on Twitter, I’m curious as to what you like… my guess is titliest… but maybe ping?
I haven’t hit any of the new stuff… I got the mavrik here and have been rolling with it since…

Hopefully they have plenty of heavy and stiff options for you to try! It’s always a challenge for me, especially as I like midsize grips.

1 Like

I’m brand agnostic, so I don’t have a preference. That being said, the Titleist 913D3 is my favorite driver of all time. I kept it in the bag for almost 7 years. I hit a stock setup of the TSi3 recently and loved it, so we’ll see.
Guy I’m in league with is somewhat of a short knocker - maybe averages 240 off the tee - and just got Sim2 and is hitting it 25 yards longer than his Mavrik without changing a single thing swing-wise.
Distance isn’t my issue. I can grab any club off the rack and hit it 290-300+. I need consistency. I’m tired of guessing where the ball is going to go.

2 Likes

Ha, sticking with my guesses of titleist Or ping… neither are known for being exceptionally long, but both have solid reputations.

1 Like

Several weeks ago I took my trusty 18.5 degree TaylorMade RBZ Tour hybrid out of the bag and replaced it with a 17 degree (set to 16 degrees) Ping G410 hybrid. Needed an extra 10 yards, and I get that out of the new hybrids. It’s also incredibly easy to hit.

2 Likes

I dropped the 3 wood for the TM Mini 13.5* and that was a good switch for the most part. It’s a bit long for some of the doglegs depending on the tee, but I think I can make it work. I ditched the 4 & 5 irons for a 5h that’s sort of a 4h. That was a great swap; much easier to hit especially with everything so wet.

3 Likes

Nice! Looking over my average score breakdown in the
How do you track your stats? thread… ive realized the my three wood as tee club isn’t doing me any favors… I’m going to look at the TM 300 when I get home.

1 Like

Yeah I was only using 3 wood off the tee and was doing okay with it, but figured if the club is for tee shots only why not get one with a larger head. I miss the old 300-360cc drivers. The TM Mini is pretty long and I can maybe even see ditching the driver now that the rough is so brutally penal.

1 Like

So my Cobra Speedzone is officially out of the bag (in 1-2 weeks).

Went in for a fitting today 100% not expecting to buy something. I figured I’d get an idea of what I do and don’t like and wait until off-season to reassess. I bought something, though.

Out goes my Speedzone/Hulk combo. In goes Callaway Max LS w/Ventus Black 6S

The numbers and feel were impossible to ignore. Couple that with I can have it in 1-2 weeks - done deal.

4 Likes

Liar.

Enjoy the new stick.

8 Likes

Somehow I missed this post. Hope I get to see it in action in a little over a month.

We might have to play different tees though. :wink:

2 Likes

I mean… hopefully you’ll see it in action… He might stumble into a golf store and have his card accidentally swipe for a new driver by then!

2 Likes

I missed one on the toe this morning that still went 317 with a perfect push draw. Gonna take something wicked to get this out of the bag.

5 Likes

These 3 wedges are out of my bag. I have a Sub70 286 54* and 58* on their way in.

Having 5 wedges is great for gapping at the low end, but I had to take something out at the top of the bag. So now I’m down to 4 wedges with PW, 48*, 54*, and 58*

4 Likes

Everything can be replaced for underperformance. The only club thats more than a year old is hybrid and its replacement is in a box in the garage. It started performing so well i cant take it out but it knows.

New towel. Check
New ball. Check
New groove it. Check
New stencil for marking balls. Check
New gps. Ordered.
New laser. Being investigated

If i could lower my score by two, i would replace anything.

2 Likes

I hit one about 310 tonight. Problem was it went long on a 300 yard par 4 making for a very difficult up and down.

3 Likes

Hybrid out.
One too many hooks. Its like the club is giving me the finger.
I am trying a much stiffer shaft in new hybrid.

I just refuse to believe technology cant help me.
Engineers! Get to work!

2 Likes

Have you tried Sub70? It’s very anti left!

1 Like

Or grab a Ping and dial the loft down, which opens the face. Both are good options.

1 Like

I cut my Calloway 4H shaft down to match my 5 iron….totally cured me hooking it.

2 Likes

Still waiting on my srixon irons… but ordered a new 3 wood on eBay… I’ll have completely turned over my bag once everything gets in…

3 Likes