What's out of your bag?

If you don’t want/need the full color display with hole layout, then I think the S20 is a great deal. Can keep score and track shots along with showing front/middle/back distances and distances to hazards. Battery also lasts a lot longer with the simpler display.

3 Likes

I’m kind of a tech nerd so I will probably end up going with the flagship Garmin for golf when I finally do it. I have noticed that there is difference in battery between mine and my wife’s currently. She has a newer screen style and seems to be charging hers more than I do mine. @Craigers I also have a counter balance weight in my putter. Is it cumbersome to enter each club you hit into the watch? Is that all that the club sensors do is identify which club you see hitting without entering it?

Driver.
It’s been to the range two or three times this season, but otherwise on the bench in the garage.

Maybe next season!

2 Likes

@Sub70_Jay makes great wedges and they’re affordable. Love mine!

4 Likes

It’s not bad, but not something I do every round… you can do it on your phone. As you play, you record putts, if you hit the fairway and penalty strokes… allegedly the sensor removes the need for recording putts. It’s pretty quick and easy.

On the app you can go and select which club you hit… you can use the sensors to do it for you, but I didn’t think it was worth buying all 14 even at a discount.

1 Like

I have an old XR hybrid that I’m really happy with - some rounds I end up hitting it several times! And I’m not sure why, but … it was actually out of the bag for a big part of this season … thought I’d “upgrade” to a newer Big Bertha but the XR is truly a utility club for me.

What’s OUT? 3-woods on fairway, have 3 of them I can’t hit exc. off the tee. Replacing with hybrids, love them things

Thanks Jake! Two new models coming soon too :+1:

2 Likes

I’ll switch out my Epic Flash SZ driver, 3W and Apex 19’s with the updated Epic Speed and Apex 21’s. Fitting scheduled in January. Also might switch out my MD5 58* C grind with a W grind.

Out:

• borrowed set of Callaway Epic irons
  • Cleveland CBX2 50 and 56 wedges
  • Callaway Epic Flash Driver
  • Callaway Epic Flash 4 Hybrid (couldn’t hit that thing for the life of me…)
  • Odyssey O-Works 2-Ball Fang Putter

In:

• Callaway MD5 Jaws wedges in 46, 50 and 56
  • Ping G710 irons
  • Ping G410 Plus Driver (-1,75")
  • Ping Heppler Tomcat Putter
  • Used Callaway Big Bertha '19 7-iron for winter golf
2 Likes

Nice! Enjoy the new sticks. It’s always fun to have your own set!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m excited for them - shop says I should get them within the next 2-3 weeks. I’m curious as to how the black finish will hold up.

2 Likes

My wife, not accusingly: did you buy a golf club?
Me, defensively: no… I bought a golf shaft!

Honest answer? I’m going to end up spending about the cost On a new wedge to build out an adams cmb gap wedge after buying a used head from golfwrx… $40 for head + shipping, $40 on a project x shaft to match the set… $10 grip…

I’m not a smart man.

3 Likes

My ProSelect Nxt blade putter! Won the ebay bid for a Seemore FGP 34" Right Handed w/ Headcover and New RED grip putter! Hoping the length is OK as I take standard clubs with my 5’6" height.

2 Likes

I’m retiring my 15-year old Callaway X-Forged irons for a full set (4-GW) of Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pros. I’m hoping the Mizuno HMP 4-iron will replace my 22-degree Cleveland 3-hybrid that I use for 180-yard carries.

I was also playing Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls until I got back in form and could play one ball an entire round. So now I’m playing ProV1s again. Huge difference!

4 Likes

Real good upgrade. Good luck with the seeMore

2 Likes

I may … emphasized … have finally replaced the ultra-steady-dependable (2015, I think?) XR 4H with a Cally Super Hybrid.

Only one range session and one round with it, but I’m kinda loving it!

I’ve used the XR for so long, and for sooooo many shots … of all types around the course! … that I was thinking it was a permanent fixture. I still do like the compact head and shallow face … so, we’ll see…

2 Likes

Very nice! I’m contemplating going with a higher COR hybrid just for the extra distance… I have an old Adams Super hybrid in the basement with a shaft I don’t like… might slap a proforce into it and see how it does.

What do you like about the Super Hybrid? Oddly, last time I was at Golf Headquarters, the used bin was FULL of them (but they might have been old demos)

1 Like

I’m not a great ball striker … yet :slight_smile: … but this thing just wants to send the ball high and straight. I haven’t hit it in front of an LM but I can just tell the ball is coming off the face faster (vs the old XR which was “hot” in its day). Very satisfying!

Have not been able to hit it a lot, yet, but both off the tee and off the turf I just get a good confident feeling from it.
(YMMV of course!)

Important to note - I bought this used off Callaway Pre-Owned and picked this particular one as it had a lighter, more flexible shaft vs the stock Tensei CK Pro Orange … which I rightly guessed I do not have the requisite swing speed for.

As a backup I also picked up a Recoil (which I’ve played before) to put in it, but for now gonna stick with the PX Catalyst.

1 Like

I’m still using Taylormade RBZ Tour Hybrids. I have an 18.5 and a 21.5. I haven’t replaced them because they work and do what I need. Every so often I get curious about what else is out there but haven’t pulled the trigger on anything new. Interested to hear how this works out for you.

2 Likes