The Golfers Journal

This quickly became my favorite golf publication. If you have not subscribed I highly recommend it. Very high quality long form pieces as well as photography. It is always an exciting mail day when a new issue shows up. They also have a great partnership with Linksoul where you can get free money to spend on the Linksoul website ($50 or $100 twice a year depending on subscription).

For those of you who are subscribers, what are some of your favorite issues and articles?

1 Like

I’m a huge fan, and have every edition! I highly recommend subscribing if you haven’t already. Also, we have a year’s subscription as one of our prizes for our initial forum contest :grinning:

5 Likes

So you get more back in Linksoul cash than the subscription even costs? That’s an easy sell right there! Signed up.

2 Likes

Easy sell for sure! They also send out an annual gift for the premium subscribers. I have not received one yet as I started as a standard subscription and just recently upgraded.

1 Like

Signed up. Immediately had access to one of the $100 Linksoul cash codes, got a sale pullover and a cool hoodie. :smile:

1 Like

Linksoul dominates my closet

2 Likes

They have slowly been taking over my closet as well, really enjoy everything of theirs I have so far.

1 Like

Ill add a couple of my favorite articles, with the note that they are my favorites as I am very biased towards each.

The story on Bruch Creek National / Some Guys Backyard out of Kansas City. These guys built a par 3 course in their backyard all by hand. It is completely free to play, as long as you contact them ahead of time and don’t just show up. I was lucky enough to attend both of their annual Barn Burner events (last weekend was this years event) and couldn’t be happier for these guys.

The other of my favorites is the traveling Sunday bag story. I had the opportunity to take that bag with me to Sand Valley in May and also carry it at Waveland here in Des Moines, IA.

There are countless other cool stories that I could list, but ill let you read the professionals work rather than my poor summaries.

1 Like

I have all the issues as well. Favorite articles, the Tom Coyne article about the friend he somehow picked up in Ireland, whose goal it was to break 90. Or was it 100. Or was it Scotland? Anyway, great writing, and great photos. Any of the articles about Scotland and Ireland, every one brings back memories from my visits. The Dunvegan one recently was great, even though Dunvegan was about my 6th favorite pub in town.
Another cool thing, if you refer someone who subscribes, they get a free issue, and you get one too. This is @cmaherw’s thread, if any of y’all want to subscribe, get the referral code from him.

1 Like

Absolutely love it. It combines my two favorite things: golf and great writing. Some have expressed sticker shock, but it’s worth it even without the Linksoul bucks.

Yeah I was a bit hesitant to jump in when I did, but I couldn’t be happier. I still need to purchase some more of the few early issues I don’t have yet.

All the web conference calls these days makes me want to upgrade the background of my home desk with something golf related. With the great looking photography, I may have to get some back issues and create some sort of collage.

1 Like

Do you mean for the backdrop when you are on video? Or for your desktop background screen?

Backdrop for when I’m on video, but could do both now that you mention it.

1 Like

I’m a bit on the frugal side so was anxious when the journal first started - but feel it is absolutely worth the cost. Extremely high quality, great variety of stories - I don’t think anyone will regret it!

3 Likes

I have a few pin flags hanging in my “Golffice” that just happened to be in the background whenever I am in video calls. If I’m being honest I’m a bit upset nobody has ever mentioned them or asked about them.

On a side note I also have some great artwork/prints from Ballpark Blueprints and from Lie & Loft that I really enjoy.

2 Likes

Golfers Journal is great! I am a founding member.
I have been a long time subscriber to the Surfers Journal as well. Both magazines are great reads, interesting stories and terrific pictures.

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words everyone! As a reader-supported publication we exist for our subscribers, so it feels great to read the positive reviews. We have some amazing stuff lined up for 2021 both editorially and with our events at some of America’s best courses. Look forward to meeting in person and hopefully teeing it up with you guys in the future!

7 Likes

Thanks for chiming in here! Based on the offers and the nice welcome email, I feel like I already got tons of value out of the premium membership and I haven’t even gotten an issue yet! :smile: Great work putting this together and I’m happy to support it.

2 Likes

Love what you guys are doing. Makes me enjoy golf in a way I never imagined with the incredible stories you tell.

3 Likes