PG Forums Fantasy Golf League

Looks like my picks aren’t going to make me any money this weekend. Can I quit now and save the embarrassment?!

And my bench players didn’t make it either.

Same boat. It happens! That’s why you play for the segment and not just the tournament :wink:

2 Likes

Hopefully my luck continues in the lotto drawing tonight.

1 Like

Sheffler, Malnati and Na. All three MC for me. Looked like Scottie bogied 18 to miss the cut by 1. Oh well. Where is next week?

2 Likes

Let’s go, Let’s go! My boy Max failed me on Sunday, but picked a winner for once…

Torrey Pines is always a fun event (why on earth did I only play in once when I lived in San Diego? It cost me $35!!! I’m an idiot)

Hope my picks continue to succeed… I have people I like, and people I think will play well… we will see how it goes.

1 Like

Had 2 guys on North today and 4 guys on south. Played the 2 guys on north and had to pick 2 of the 4 for south. Made one good call in sitting Day. Bad call in sitting Rahm it seems. Though looks like the fantasy scoring right now is all score based and the other categories haven’t been applied, so maybe it’ll work out.

1 Like

Oh man, I didn’t even think about north vs south… Amateur move by me!

My overall strategy is to pick 4 guys I think will do well through the hole week and bench solid players to swap in if someone misses the cut… saves me a “start” if I pick well, but doesn’t tank my weekend.

It will be interesting to see where people are as we move further into the segment, as they run out of plays.

I’m mixing and matching round to round (this week for certain). I think there are probably enough guys that you won’t have a major issue with 3 plays in 8 events.

Maybe not… I figure if I have some decent players left with plays in the last 3 weeks, I’ll go hard. We shall see how it shakes out.

I also like picking younger guys, but I’m disappointed I didn’t grab the Vandy grad this week.

Wait til tomorrow when he plays the south in bad weather - you won’t be upset

1 Like

Also - I missed the bold print at the top of the scoreboard. This is a score event only. No points for driving/putting/etc

Hmm, I didn’t see that either… though I don’t really pick guys for those sort of things. I guess it would be “tactical” to sit people who run up scores in those categories.

i don’t either - but saw finau chipped in and was waiting for my points!

1 Like

Haha… he’ll win one someday!

1 Like

Had HV3 in and KJ Choi on the bench. BIG mistake there. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

1 Like

I replaced hv3 on my team last minute… oh well.

That was a solid choice! He was +6.

1 Like

Haha, I went to check the fantasy board and he wasn’t there…

I’m pretty happy with my selections… I’m hoping this all leads to me doing better in the majors money pool I’m in.

I had Woodland AND Finau on the bench for round 1.
OOPS

1 Like