Chasing Scratch: Podcast Discusssion

I’m a fit for golf subscriber!

If you are on the fence and I haven’t successfully sold you on the podcast yet… Listen to Mike’s words…

If you don’t enjoy this content, Chasing Scratch probably isn’t for you. And that’s OK.

7 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed the off-season YouTube content. I felt both seen and judged by the flow chart from the latest episode. Who amongst us has not followed that at some point of our golfing lives?

2 Likes

Yeah, I think what I enjoy most is that I see myself in their antics and realize the dumb stuff I do trying to get better at golf.

1 Like

Those guys are definitely on to something. And it’s great to see the community they have built around their journey. It’s almost impossible for anyone who doesn’t play golf to understand this stuff, but we all have a screw loose!

3 Likes

My wife frequently looks at me and then just shakes her head

2 Likes

That might not be golf related. Change your socks.

I think golf is fun because rabbit holes are deep and occasionally productive. I know it’s true everywhere, but golf knowledge is one of those places where I constantly learn how much I don’t know… I was talking about my new wedges, and someone asked me about things like the leading edge, curve and bevel… Are those things important? Probably at least a little important… are they going to make me shoot a 72? No.

You can learn a ton about the game and have it not help you, and sometimes you can learn one thing and it immediately drops your average score… it’s easy to go crazy on.

1 Like

Thanks to all the discussion here, I’ve started a journey down the rabbit hole that is listening to Mike and Eli. Holy cow, they are so fun to listen to. I just hit the episode last night where Craigers was mentioned for the first time and I died laughing. The catch phrases are so good, I love the references like “Stacey”, “slotlonovich”, and “Palmero”. I probably just hacked the spelling of those all to pieces. Plus, I really want them to get to meet Carl Weathers.

4 Likes

My favorites are “Lenny cue the xxx music” and the multiple hashtag lines. Once they start those, I get extra juiced.
And then when Mike gets going on some topic, Eli gives him the upward sounding grunt that seems to fire up Mike even more.
Watching all this on video this year makes them even more entertaining.

4 Likes

I make that Eli “mmmmm” noise a little too much in my daily life now, it’s mildly concerning

6 Likes

Just saw in Twitter that @jon will be a guest on the podcast in the near future. I’m really looking forward to hearing the discussion they have.

4 Likes

Im pretty sure Jon is watching Seinfeld reruns to prepare.

3 Likes

For anyone interested…

This week or next week there will be a twitter bracket on the best episodes of Chasing Scratch run by https://twitter.com/velcren (This isn’t affiliated with Mike or Eli, some of use are just bored)

Before the PGA Championship, “The Miracle in the Sand” should be on the PGA website… Mike and Eli tried to break 100 on the Ocean Course from the Pro tees… It should be a fun video!

On 5/31 they will release Episode 1 of Season 4 and have promised an episode a week for the season… So it should be a fun few months of podcast episodes from them.

2 Likes

I got a little peek at Mike’s score from the Ocean Course. Looking forward to seeing this video.

He’s well into the soft cap for his handicap and Eli is getting close (I wonder if either of them know what that is?). They are not going in the right direction. Need a big summer run from these two.

1 Like
2 Likes

Wedge show tonight plus a titliest wedge fitting giveaway.

2 Likes

@jon is on this one… driving to Lexington for golf in a little bit and looking forward to listening.

3 Likes

Just finished listening, it was a fun conversation. Could have spoken to them for 10 hours but we only had 1! We are hoping to have them on the Sweet Spot soon.

2 Likes

It was good. I look forward to them ignoring most of what you said until it bites them in the ass… Lenny, cue the apology music.

2 Likes

Just found this forum and your podcast from listening to CS. Absolutely loved the episode and have now started The Sweet Spot with you and Adam this morning.

It was good to hear you talking about aiming for the biggest part of the greens and other stuff like that. I used to laser the flag and aim for it regardless of where is was. I have just started in my last three rounds aiming for the middle / fattest part of the green. Now I need to work on reducing my 3 putts!

3 Likes