Apparel and Whatnot

I wear large. I’ve never seen the Kirkland gloves for the right hand. Their website doesn’t show it as an option either.

To my knowledge, all Kirkland golf stuff is right hand only (well except for the balls).

Maybe I’m mistaken but I’m sure I’ve seen them. You could always turn them inside out :joy::rofl: I’ll check though.

Currently a lot of Linksoul, Criquet, and some Bonobos (mainly long pants). Some new ones that I would like to try are e.g. Greyson and Rhoback. For me the beauty with these brands is that I can wear them both on and off the course, really increases the milage I get from them and streamlines my wardrobe.

Shoe wise Adidas and True Linkswear are my go to brands.

I’ve cycled through a bunch of brands over the years but I keep coming back to Adidas, especially for pants and sweaters. They seem to have consistent sizing, good colors, and have held up over many seasons. Also have to give a shoutout to Linksoul for polos and Lulumon and their ABC pants, both very solid. I love the looks of Footjoy and Peter Millar polos but their sizing seems to run larger than typical so I don’t want to take the chance of online ordering with those brands.

However, for jackets and foul weather gear, I am all in on Galvin Green. Their stuff is top notch and while it is bit of a guessing game on how their EU sizing runs for US peeps, once you go GG, you aren’t going back. Close second includes Sunice and Galway Bay but I do love me some GG.

As for gloves, socks and shoes, I rock Footjoy. Super solid shoes and the gloves last a reasonably long time. Also a big fan of Ecco for sizing and style but for me I definitely need the grip of softspikes on the ground as opposed to spikeless. As a few have mentioned, I also dig TRUE but more for looks than practicality on the course.

For underwear, I really like 2Undr and if you are looking for a good, cheap alternative, definitely check out Terramar. I used to be a brand ambassador for them but truly, their stuff has lasted, is good fitting and is a great baselayer company. You can usually find their stuff on Campmor and other outdoor sites.

2 Likes

Love 2UNDR - I have a pair on every day!

4 Likes

2UNDR, Saxx, and separatec are my go to’s.

1 Like

Shoes- Adidas Tech Response, I like them so much I have 3 pair.

Clothes- Izod and Slazenger. Love the Kinona brand, but I’m not paying $120 for a golf shirt.

1 Like

Clothes: Izod or Nike. They both have good options in tall sizes and I can get them at work for a great price.

Shoes: Ecco. I have 3 pairs and have tried a lot of brands, but never had anything more comfortable.

Glove: zero friction. Usually grey or black. I like that they breathe well and fit very tight.

4 Likes

I like to ball on a budget so I rock the following:
Shirts: Golf Sidekicks polos. The most comfort I’ve found (not cheap but I love his brand) Otherwise it’s UF Polos (Go Gators!)
Pants/Shorts: Grand Slam, often bought at TJMaxx for cheap. They work great for golf
Shoes: Bought some cheap Hogan’s from Dicks Sporting Goods and they’re comfy and do the job just fine.
Glove: FootJoy 2 pack. Reasonably priced.

Shirts: The most comfortable and best moisture wicking for me are the Under Armour Playoff shirts. I think the older shirts were better though.

Other clothes: I love Linksoul pullovers. Expensive, but I’ve gotten 4 or 5 on sale and they are really comfortable. I like my UA Coldgear stuff for cold weather. I have some Linksoul and TravisMathew shorts that are really, really nice.

Shoes: Nike 11.5 or FJ 11 fit me best. I really like the Boa ones. I have a pair of Tomo shoes that are insanely comfortable for hot days, but not the most stable. Always liked the Trues as well for the zero drop.

Gloves: I buy whatever is on sale. The Kirkland ones are solid, but sizing is all over the place. I find I actually prefer the gloves with more spandex/nylon in them even though they are cheaper like the Etonic gloves.

1 Like

The website has had them from time to time - I tend to buy a few when I see them, but it’s been a while.

For shirts I’ve usually gone with Adidas or Nike, but this year I took a flyer and ordered some Puma shirts on sale and have been really happy with them.

For shorts I’ve been going with Gap/Old Navy for years because they sell shorts in different inseam lengths. As a guy with short legs, that’s a must for me as most standard length shorts will be right at or even slightly below my knee.

For shoes, I was a Truelinkswear fanatic for years, but I had some quality and fit issues with the True Originals, so I turned to Ecco and was shocked to find them even more comfortable than Trues. The Biom hybrid 3 is the best golf shoe I’ve ever owned. If I could afford to, I’d buy 10 pairs to keep in storage so I can wear them for years.

I picked up a few items from Bonobos and Linksoul during their summer sales. The Linksoul Boardwalker Shorts might be the most comfortable pairs of shorts I ever wore. They are now my goto bottoms when working from home (with the colder weather moving in).

I wore Bonobos five-pocket golf pants for my last few rounds. I really like their fit options.

My shoes for the last 2 years have been the Adidas Tour 360, but I am not a fan of the gap on the bottom of the shoe (hard to explain without a picture). I seem to find a lot of grass and dirt trapped in there at the end of my rounds. I recently bought the TRUE Lux Knit and am going to work those into my regular rotation.

1 Like

Obsessed with those shorts, I have 8 of them. Great to wear on and off the course!

Another vote for Ecco shoes. Mine are so comfy I went out and bought standard Ecco trainers (/sneakers) the next weekend.

I’m not particularly loyal when it comes to brands in general so tend to mix it up a bit, though I’d say Ping’s stuff often gets the price/look/feel pretty spot on.

1 Like

I definitely wear lots of Linksoul. True shoes, some Footjoy tops, MG gloves. Gonna have to check out the underwear…

Linksoul and peter millar.

I wear the truelinks original shoes

There’s a goodwill next to one of my favorite restaurants and I find a Donald Ross or Peter Millar shirt in there 1 or 2 times per year in great condition.

1 Like

My wife complains that I wear the same thing to golf / casual outings or get togethers.

She doesn’t understand that this is actually an intentional choice on my part!!

2 Likes

:joy::crazy_face::rofl: brilliant. My wife says to me a lot; are you wearing that tonight?! That’s usually my key to know it’s not ok, but I try!