Apparel and Whatnot

Let’s find out what everyone likes to wear. Shoes, pants, shorts, hats, socks, underwear (actually a big one for me) golf gloves, etc. Specific brands, why or why not.

1 Like

Adidas seems to fit my style the most. Sporty yet not too flashy. Classic, not too trendy. High quality. Pretty middle of the road. Performance without being too flashy or understated, it’s still golf clothes. Good fit. You look good without trying too hard. It’s more about than the golf than the look.

3 Likes

#1 for apparel is definitely Nike for me, their golf polos just seem better suited for being left untucked and a bit more form fitting, which is my preferred style.
For shoes, I would probably take Adidas over anything else, great style but still comfortable and functional. I have a couple of pairs of shoes are more comfortable for a hole round, but none with as good of look.

The most important thing is the right sized pockets :slight_smile: My phone needs to fit so I can get Arccos working properly. I guess that will be fixed when I get the link next season.

2 Likes

I’m glad you brought untucked up. Everyone seems to be getting so annoyed these days about golfers not tucking their shirts in. In a changing generation and sport I don’t think it’s so necessary anymore. Obviously of your at an elite country club tuck it in, wear pants, but it doesn’t make you respect the game any less by being untucked, imho. I love when Rickie Fowler did it, made me feel bout as bad. I leave untucked half of the time, but I never do when I play a competitive tournament.

3 Likes

Has anyone played the Kirkland golf glove from Costco? $19.99 for four gloves. To me they’re the nest glove I’ve ever used and you can’t beat the price, $4 a piece.

1 Like

I’d say 80% of what my wife would call my obnoxious amount of golf clothes are Adidas. Their shorts are my absolute favorite. They flex and flow with the swing. They’re comfortable. They look good.
Shirts are probably 50/50 Adidas and Under Armour. Both look and fit great. I HATE Nike golf stuff. It’s overpriced and nothing I’ve ever tried on fits right for me. I own zero Nike Golf items.

I have probably 100 Titleist hats - though I play zero Titleist clubs or balls. I just love their hats.

Adidas Tour360 spiked shoes are all I wear. They’re the best golf shoes ever made, in my opinion.

Over the last five years, I’ve been trying to spot all of the great independent apparel brands in the industry. There are so many great choices now, here are my favorites along with links to reviews:

3 Likes

Awesome. I haven’t heard of half of these, except for a few that I’ve seen you review in the newsletter. Definitely have to check these out. Thank you for providing the links.

1 Like

TRUE makes maybe the most comfortable golf shoe I’ve ever worn. I just didn’t find them as stable as many others. But I could walk a marathon in those puppies.

It’s been great finding these brands at the PGA Show or elsewhere, and interacting with them. I’ve become friends with many of them - there are some great entrepreneurial stories in the golf industry.

1 Like

Great shoes, the TRUE Originals are my go-to pair!

1 Like

Most of my shirts are Izod or Nike. I don’t wear a glove. I used to keep wearing them out then I saw a pro who doesn’t wear gloves so I stopped wearing one unless it is very wet and my hands get slippery. I have some callouses under the thumb and along the top of my forefinger but not extreme and no downside to not wearing gloves. I have a Titelist bucket hat. I always wear pants even on 40deg days. I don’t tuck my polos in or it would show that I don’t wear a belt.

Kirkland gloves are great for the price. If you like the feeling of all leather gloves, they are a much better value than any of the name brands and IMO is the best Kirkland glove product. I think one time I had one where the fit felt a little different than the rest of the batch, but one round of sweat and stretching it out made it feel fine.
I find that I just a little bit prefer a glove with some breathable mesh on top and I recently got a great bulk deal on some Etonic sport gloves that got them down to the same price per glove as the Kirklands, so I’ll be playing those for a while, but I would never be afraid to pick up a pack at Costco again in the future (and if they made one with the mesh fabric style, I’d buy it in a heartbeat).

I’ve heard great things about the MG golf glove. Have you ever reviewed/played the MG golf ball? (if so I didn’t see it). It seems like when they released them like 5 years ago they performed on par with Pro V’s and the like, but they haven’t updated the ball since.

I have a feeling TRUE are going to be my next pair. I get their marketing emails and they are just a flat out good looking shoe. Honestly, if I had the money, I’d probably wind up spending just as much on golf shoes as I would clubs (if not more).

2 Likes

I haven’t tried the ball, but based on what I know about the company I’m sure it’s going to be pretty good!

Capris with lots of pockets! And my “lucky” plaid button up blouse, will be switching to turtlenecks and long pants this week, temps will be in the 50s and 60s and windy! And a fleece jacket. And of course a visor to keep my hair out of my eyes, LOL. Slip on sneakers with good tread also. Brands not a concern, good material is what counts to me.

2 Likes

I am jealous. I have never seen any Kirkland gloves for the left-handed golfer.

What size do you wear? I’ve seen them at my Costco, next time I’m there I’ll grab you a set.