Apparel and Whatnot

I love the Footjoy Contour Casual spineless shoes. They can easily be worn on and off the course.

I used to wear Augusta sportswear, have a look https://www.ustradeent.com/brand/augusta_sportswear.html

I really wanted to like the True Linkswear OG. The wide toe box was great but the shoe did not have enough cushioning for me. I ended up with New Balance Fresh Foams with tons of cushioning. I did buy a pair of the True TL-01 that are a super light tennis-looking shoe but I don’t walk very far with them.

Nike shirts fit me the best but I would like to try the Rhoback shirt. I wear Under Armour golf shorts and pants and I use a Titleist premium glove glove.

2 Likes

I decided I had to get the Linksoul x TRUE linkswear shoe when it was released a couple of months ago:

They haven’t seen the course yet, probably more of a summer shoe for me.

4 Likes

I like those shoes! Wonder if they make them in my size…

As for my brands… I’m a big dude… I wear 2xlt shirts, so my options are limited (especially if I want them to say tucked in)… I mostly wear polo shirts… the old school knitted kind, I don’t like the new stretchy stuff… usually polo shorts as well… I’ll rock some pink or blue shorts on occasion, but most of my shorts are khaki.

At a 14 4E shoe size, i basically exclusively wear foot joy and new balance… I have an older pair of true links shoes that have a wide toe box that I love… mostly, I buy my shoes at the end of a season during the sales… just grab whatever shoes they have in my size and call it a day.

I’m pretty indifferent to clothes… I wear what I’m used to and don’t really explore.

1 Like

Currently bored and searching for a new visor to wear… I might have to try to collect all my current visors and take a picture… there is various amounts of wear across them! I’m jealous of the one my wife bought at Kiawah, but she won’t let me steal it…

Currently shopping minor league team visors… The August Greenjackets logo is awesome, but the only two option are white and camo, and I don’t want either of those… this all start with me shopping for a Trash Panda shirt for my daughter.

I’m fairly particular when it comes to visors. I only like the velcro ones, and they have to be large to fit my melon head… My red Titliest one (see my profile picture for my daughter looking better in it than I do) is probably my favorite… Anyone else rock visors? I’d love to have more of golf courses I like, but most don’t carry the style I’m looking for.

Visor? No, I am bald as a coot. Sometimes I covet a visor when a partner wears one. But that spells a massively burnt head for me.

Got to go full coverage Spring thro September. Prefer a Trilby - see my profile picture - as I find it cooler (temp) than a cap.

3 Likes

I wear a variety of brands. Pretty slim dude (160lbs with a 30 waist) so in the winter it’s Target slim fit golf pants or their new joggers are pretty good too.
I have fallen in love with Greyson and bought two of their hoodies when on sale. Most of their stuff is pretty flash so I lean towards some of their more conservative styles/prints. The quality is amazing …

1 Like

And sometimes I just buy polos that amuse me… this is from the 9 hole public course my parents live on in Idaho.

1 Like

:joy::rofl: also known as the driver or “driver!”

1 Like

Here is the link of my favorite sweatpants

I had been on the hunt for nice golf pants for a while and had a hard time finding ones that fit comfortably and were somewhat reasonably priced. I tried out the Walter Hagen brand and they fit pretty well so far and were comfortable during the round. We will see over time if they hold up over time.

1 Like

I’ve found the MG gloves to be excellent value. I tend to sweat a bit, and will go through several gloves in a season - but at their price I don’t mind a bit.

My closet has quite a few FJ shirts, along with some UA and other assorted. The FJs are cut just a little big, which I like.

I actually really like the Amazon basic pants for golf.

1 Like

Shirts are mostly Nike and Underarmour. Trousers are galvin green as they seem to fit me better being tall. Shoes are Ecco, best shoes I’ve ever worn. Water proofs galvin green, never let me down and living in the UK means a lot!

1 Like

Just received a discount offer from the Carolina PGA for these gloves. Anyone hear of them? Very different from the usual - Claw Golf gloves (clawglove.com)

1 Like

Hmmm. What advantage are they touting? Even after the discount they’re three times the cost of the gloves I use.

1 Like

Yes and I also use the gloves from MG golf. Both are good products are deeply reduced price