Apparel and Whatnot

For shirts I’ve usually gone with Adidas or Nike, but this year I took a flyer and ordered some Puma shirts on sale and have been really happy with them.

For shorts I’ve been going with Gap/Old Navy for years because they sell shorts in different inseam lengths. As a guy with short legs, that’s a must for me as most standard length shorts will be right at or even slightly below my knee.

For shoes, I was a Truelinkswear fanatic for years, but I had some quality and fit issues with the True Originals, so I turned to Ecco and was shocked to find them even more comfortable than Trues. The Biom hybrid 3 is the best golf shoe I’ve ever owned. If I could afford to, I’d buy 10 pairs to keep in storage so I can wear them for years.

I picked up a few items from Bonobos and Linksoul during their summer sales. The Linksoul Boardwalker Shorts might be the most comfortable pairs of shorts I ever wore. They are now my goto bottoms when working from home (with the colder weather moving in).

I wore Bonobos five-pocket golf pants for my last few rounds. I really like their fit options.

My shoes for the last 2 years have been the Adidas Tour 360, but I am not a fan of the gap on the bottom of the shoe (hard to explain without a picture). I seem to find a lot of grass and dirt trapped in there at the end of my rounds. I recently bought the TRUE Lux Knit and am going to work those into my regular rotation.

1 Like

Obsessed with those shorts, I have 8 of them. Great to wear on and off the course!

Another vote for Ecco shoes. Mine are so comfy I went out and bought standard Ecco trainers (/sneakers) the next weekend.

I’m not particularly loyal when it comes to brands in general so tend to mix it up a bit, though I’d say Ping’s stuff often gets the price/look/feel pretty spot on.

1 Like

I definitely wear lots of Linksoul. True shoes, some Footjoy tops, MG gloves. Gonna have to check out the underwear…

Linksoul and peter millar.

I wear the truelinks original shoes

There’s a goodwill next to one of my favorite restaurants and I find a Donald Ross or Peter Millar shirt in there 1 or 2 times per year in great condition.

1 Like

My wife complains that I wear the same thing to golf / casual outings or get togethers.

She doesn’t understand that this is actually an intentional choice on my part!!

2 Likes

:joy::crazy_face::rofl: brilliant. My wife says to me a lot; are you wearing that tonight?! That’s usually my key to know it’s not ok, but I try!

I love the Footjoy Contour Casual spineless shoes. They can easily be worn on and off the course.

I used to wear Augusta sportswear, have a look https://www.ustradeent.com/brand/augusta_sportswear.html

I really wanted to like the True Linkswear OG. The wide toe box was great but the shoe did not have enough cushioning for me. I ended up with New Balance Fresh Foams with tons of cushioning. I did buy a pair of the True TL-01 that are a super light tennis-looking shoe but I don’t walk very far with them.

Nike shirts fit me the best but I would like to try the Rhoback shirt. I wear Under Armour golf shorts and pants and I use a Titleist premium glove glove.

2 Likes

I decided I had to get the Linksoul x TRUE linkswear shoe when it was released a couple of months ago:

They haven’t seen the course yet, probably more of a summer shoe for me.

4 Likes

I like those shoes! Wonder if they make them in my size…

As for my brands… I’m a big dude… I wear 2xlt shirts, so my options are limited (especially if I want them to say tucked in)… I mostly wear polo shirts… the old school knitted kind, I don’t like the new stretchy stuff… usually polo shorts as well… I’ll rock some pink or blue shorts on occasion, but most of my shorts are khaki.

At a 14 4E shoe size, i basically exclusively wear foot joy and new balance… I have an older pair of true links shoes that have a wide toe box that I love… mostly, I buy my shoes at the end of a season during the sales… just grab whatever shoes they have in my size and call it a day.

I’m pretty indifferent to clothes… I wear what I’m used to and don’t really explore.

1 Like

Currently bored and searching for a new visor to wear… I might have to try to collect all my current visors and take a picture… there is various amounts of wear across them! I’m jealous of the one my wife bought at Kiawah, but she won’t let me steal it…

Currently shopping minor league team visors… The August Greenjackets logo is awesome, but the only two option are white and camo, and I don’t want either of those… this all start with me shopping for a Trash Panda shirt for my daughter.

I’m fairly particular when it comes to visors. I only like the velcro ones, and they have to be large to fit my melon head… My red Titliest one (see my profile picture for my daughter looking better in it than I do) is probably my favorite… Anyone else rock visors? I’d love to have more of golf courses I like, but most don’t carry the style I’m looking for.

Visor? No, I am bald as a coot. Sometimes I covet a visor when a partner wears one. But that spells a massively burnt head for me.

Got to go full coverage Spring thro September. Prefer a Trilby - see my profile picture - as I find it cooler (temp) than a cap.

3 Likes

I wear a variety of brands. Pretty slim dude (160lbs with a 30 waist) so in the winter it’s Target slim fit golf pants or their new joggers are pretty good too.
I have fallen in love with Greyson and bought two of their hoodies when on sale. Most of their stuff is pretty flash so I lean towards some of their more conservative styles/prints. The quality is amazing …

1 Like

And sometimes I just buy polos that amuse me… this is from the 9 hole public course my parents live on in Idaho.

1 Like

:joy::rofl: also known as the driver or “driver!”

1 Like

Here is the link of my favorite sweatpants

I had been on the hunt for nice golf pants for a while and had a hard time finding ones that fit comfortably and were somewhat reasonably priced. I tried out the Walter Hagen brand and they fit pretty well so far and were comfortable during the round. We will see over time if they hold up over time.

1 Like