Write about your Round

I do have a good friend in Perth.

1 Like

Respectfully disagree! Dallas has has dozens of courses within 1h of just about anywhere in the metro area. For example, our ā€œtourā€ plays a different course each week February-December (rotating thru the season, playing each course twice). Thatā€™s 25 different courses within 60mins of north Dallas area and doesnā€™t come close to playing all courses available.
Most clubs are semi-private and even private can be accessible by tournament or member-guest. DFW muni courses vary from what Iā€™d call mid-priced to inexpensive, and Iā€™d wager you could play a different course each week for a year and not repeat.
If youā€™re looking for Pebble, Dallas ainā€™t it. Then, again, a 3-week ā€œoff-seasonā€ is nicešŸ˜

1 Like

Western Australia is the place that has the most fatal shark bites

Played 15 (skipped three holes to avoid a slow twosome) by myselfā€¦ 8 over with 2 doubles on balls missed rightā€¦

Iā€™m transitioning into a draw with the driver, but have to commit to the shotā€¦ both lost balls would have been findable if I had been playing for a fadeā€¦ one of them Iā€™m upset I didnā€™t findā€¦ the other one was a more uncommitted swing that would have been OK if I had been aimed left. Other than that, I hit most fairways. I was striking the ball well with the driver.

Iā€™m still falling off my iron shots and need to get back into driving through themā€¦ itā€™s mostly a rust problem.

Wedge game was OK, with some good shots and some missed chipsā€¦ still adjusting to Sieckmann, but have recommited to his stuff fully. I think itā€™s going to be a good improvement once it becomes more automatic.

Putting was OK. I felt like I missed some easy putts, but i think itā€™s mostly just getting more comfortable with my new putting styleā€¦ Iā€™m not unhappy with how I putted the ball, which is an improvement over last season. I think once I get fully comfortable with my putter and my stroke, Iā€™ll start making more decent length puttsā€¦ Iā€™m definitely looking at lines better and hitting the ball with more confidence, though. Just need to get everything a little tighter.

2 Likes

I keep playing bogey golf which sounds boring, but I do it differently every time. 9 holes last night was pars and double bogies. Pretty bad off the tee and the LW & putter were brilliant on 5 holes to earn me pars. Not so much the other 4 holes. Might have been interesting if my opponent had showed up lol. I won by forfeit so maybe it was lack of motivation on my part. Demo day tonight so I will look at some new big sticks.

2 Likes

+1 for skipping the slow players. There was a day where I thought this to be rude, but so many people donā€™t know or have course etiquette and wonā€™t let you play through. Itā€™s rare Iā€™m out alone anymore, but when I am almost always skip around to avoid frustrating people.

2 Likes

Yeah, course is setup where 3 and 7 are super closeā€¦ they were on the fairway of 4, and probably didnā€™t even realize what I had doneā€¦ ladies had the back nine for an event but by the time I made it there, I wasnā€™t going to bother themā€¦

Not boring at all, Kevo - lots of amusing ways to play bogey golf. But, yeah, if you donā€™t have your match play ā€œgame-faceā€ on, motivation is often a challenge.

2 Likes

Played a new course on Monday in 20mph winds, 50 degree temps, and recently aerated greens.

Struck my driver REALLY well most of the day but struggled mightily with my approach shots trying to factor in the wind.

Short game and putting were unpredictable as the aerated greens caused some crazy bounces.

Finished up with 3 pars in a row for a 84.

Looking forward to ShotScope continuing to build out the SG dashboard.

Last 10 rounds SG for context

3 Likes

As someone who left Omaha for Los Angeles, thereā€™s not enough money in the world to get me to go back :wink:

3 Likes

Haha trust me, I canā€™t argue with that.

Just another aggressively mediocre roundā€¦ Iā€™m still getting back into the swing of things but would like to string together some good holes.

85 with no birdies and some dumb doublesā€¦

I agree, some doubles are dumb.

A quickish nine hole practice round this morning. The course was soft (no roll at all) and rough was ā€œjust get it into playā€ playable.

• Wedge play showing signs of life. My sub-70yd shots were left of pin, but pin high. I think I was pulling the shot. The 90-100 yd were right of pin (didnā€™t fully rotate torso) but pin high. Iā€™m confident I can make adjustments at Dome tomorrow.

• Full iron game not bad; the straight takeaway definitely is helping.

• Driving was fine. Several ā€œpowerā€ fades had the expected trajectory. I noticed that my improved posture allows me to get a fuller shoulder turn. Since this ā€œfull shoulder turnā€ is a new move for me, I was probably at 27/9 tempo until I get more comfortable with it.

• In the Wedge Play, Vol II of the Sweet Spot, Adam advises not to use the PW when hitting pitch shots. Heā€™s, um, correctā€¦

Some good things to work on at the Golf Dome tomorrow. A successful practice/diagnostics round.

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ I havenā€™t listened to it yetā€¦ Iā€™ve been playing golf! What reason does he give for not using it to pitch?

1 Like

I was a member at Keene country club and would play three holes sometimes for practice. Private club and rarely see many people unless itā€™s early morning.

1 is a par 5, ends on 8th tee
8 is a 125-200 yard par 3
9 is a par 4
Only takes 20-30 mins

Not super relavent to your post but it made me think of it

2 Likes

ā€œtodayā€™sā€ PW lie is strengthened so much, it doesnā€™t provide the loft for the partial and around-the green pitches. For golfers like me (well, he didnā€™t name me specifically) who donā€™t generate a lot of clubhead speed, I need loft to help with distance control.

Well done, very well done! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m pretty happy about itā€¦ his explanation makes sense! My PW is 46 degrees, but I think Iā€™m OK on CHSā€¦ Iā€™ve been really struggling from 100 yards this week and probably need to go back to the high pitch shot instead of grinding the low launch, high spinner.

1 Like

Set out for my morning round, enough time to get in 18 before any meetings and in a generally good mood. Was just sort of swinging the club, letting Arccos keep the score and not looking at the phone at all as I played. Hit a couple of second balls on shots I wanted to test out, but always played the first.
I knew I was playing relatively well. Driver was a bit loose (one ball in a hazard), but had enough pop to keep me out of too much trouble. Wedges were really good, didnā€™t miss a green with one in hand. Felt really confident with the putter, putting ā€œheads upā€ and back to my SeeMore. I donā€™t think I missed my spot on any putts, just a few misreads and a couple lip-outs (but the heartbreakers were birdie putts, not par putts).
Finally checked the score walking off 18, running through the holes to make adjustments for Arccos mistakes. Was pleasantly surprised to see Iā€™d gone 36-36 for a 72 (+2 at my club). 1 double, 3 bogies, 11 pars, 3 birdies. Probably a good thing that I canā€™t post it.

7 Likes

Nice round!

Iā€™m still working on mental focus and had a 10
Over 82 with 4 doublesā€¦ all four featured multiple mistakesā€¦

Ugh. I hate the aerated greens, itā€™s like playing Plinko!

1 Like