Write about your Round

Played my first round of the year today. Started off badly with a double at the first and a triple at the 3rd but then only had one more double finishing with 5 pars and 10 bogies. Only made 1 decent putt but then didn’t have any 3 putts. Had some good luck too. My chip at 6 came out lower than expected and a bit hot but hit the pin and stopped 2ft past and on the 9th I hooked my driver and saw it heading OB. Heard it hit a tree and found it in the middle of the fairway. Didn’t feel like a good round but really it was. 5 pars, no 3 putts, no shanks and only 1 fat iron shot(off a downhill lie) and 1 bladed chip that went a few feet past the hole and dribbled down to the lower level. 32 points but below last months average score(which was my best ever)

3 Likes

First week+ of 2021 has started pretty strong, shot a +3 73 and a couple of 74’s. Probably the best I’ve been with the driver in recent memory and decent ball-striking overall (just meh putting though).Starting to get on the lookout or competitive opportunities as I know I need to get a bunch more of those under my belt before I can score anywhere close to that level under pressure.

8 Likes

Great playing, I’m sure you’re happy about those performances. 2021 is off to a great start.

1 Like

(par 70)Played Friday 88 then played Sunday 100 with 5 lost balls then today my all time lowest round of 77. 52 tee to green and 25 putts(9 1 putts and a chip in). My best tee to green round(41 putts) is 49 and my best putting round is 24 so very pleasing to put the two together. 9 pars and a chip in birdie at the last with no doubles.

4 Likes

(+4)76 with four 3 putts. Driver was terrible to start but irons were solid all day, and fought back well after going +6 through 12 with birdies on 3 of the last 6 to ensure that I stayed in the 70’s.

3 Likes

First Eagle of ‘21!!!

7 Likes

Fantastic! I’ve only played Stevens once and I chipped in for Eagle on 2 as well.

1 Like

Got out for some winter golf here in Salt Lake City this morning…39 degrees…not too bad.

Found what I’d like to work on from the mental side. I drove the ball really well today but got unlucky on one rolling through the fairway and behind a tree (hard/frozen ground). And one pulled 2 ironwood that also ended up behind a tree. Had to punch out to the fairway on both…easy enough…but then the fairway shot after each punch out were my worst of the day…a 7 iron and a 6 iron (usually very reliable clubs for me).

In my post round review, should’ve taken more time to refocus after the punch outs…I need to be more consistent in my pre shot routine to get my mind back to where it needs to be.

4 Likes

Played some Ice ball golf, with temperatures in the high 30’s. Some greens were frozen so the ball just bounced over and some fairways were still shoddy and muddy so that makes it hard to bounce it up.
With a good number of greens elevated I would bet any player on the planet :earth_americas: they couldn’t of hit 10 greens and stayed on the green!
But those drivers on to a frozen fairway do go forever.:star_struck:

3 Likes

I was getting my clubs out of the car when I heard one of my playing partners call out to say we’re up. I ran to the first tee and found I was actually 5 mins early and my partners had already hit. Drove the ball as good as I ever have and had 7 pars and 4 birdies. Finished double, triple to finish at 78(8 over). 28 putts with 9 one putts. 5th hole I was in a fairway bunker with 99m to the front. Hit a sand wedge to 3ft and on the 15th in another fairway bunker and hit the green with a 7 iron. Loads of good shots with only 7 bad ones. 1 three putt,4 shanked chips and a 2 irons right up against the hosel meaning they didn’t hook and ended up hitting trees. Still no round is ever perfect.

4 Likes

Played 18 holes today using a 40+ year old set of Arnold Palmer - The Standard blades. This was probably a mistake, especially since it was only around 45 degrees out when I started. Started to get them figured out by the back 9 though and hit a few decent shots. Definitely a different experience!

3 Likes

Mixing metric with imperial?

4 Likes

1 over 36

3 greens
5 “near greens”

4/5 up and down

Plodded around the course. Swing changes are becoming playable. Lots of good misses today.

5 Likes

Instead of writing about my round, I’ll just put a picture. It was a weird one.

7 Likes

First “competition” of the year with a club skins tournament. Didn’t make a single putt and the short game in general was awful.

2 Likes

I have nothing to report because Nebraska in winter, BUT I think Spring is here. 60s all week. Courses tentatively opening next week pending melt off and time to dry. I am hopeful. I am very much in need of playing real life on a golf course golf. I need a couple send off rounds with my soon-to-be “old” irons before my JPX 921s get here in a couple weeks.

So ready to play.

10 Likes

Ha, we have decent weather here in Kentucky… I’m trying not to rush my back… but golf is tempting!

To quote the great Happy Gilmore: “Psycho”

2 Likes

Got the 921’s in Vegas, they’re awesome. Have the #sub70 699’s here in Illinois and I would like to say they’re equally good, if not better. Haven’t been able to play them outside yet, but inside they’re great.

3 Likes

Phone message says the course I play at should open this week…hoping to make an entry here soon!!!

(It did snow a bit here last night…Salt Lake City, Utah).

3 Likes