What's your lowest NET score?

Just curious…and a bit bored. This topic has come up a few times in our group this year. One of the guys I play with regularly somehow shot an 82 in a tournament this year sporting a 27 handicap. So a nice net 55. The rest of us soon realized we couldn’t think of anyone shooting a lower net…and yes he cleaned up that day. There were net skins and when you make pars and birdies getting 2 strokes on some holes you tend to win. Sadly he broke 100 the next day and came crashing back to reality.

My lowest that I can recall was shooting 81 as a 20 which is sporty, but no net 55. My low round ever was 78, but my index was lower then so not even close. I can’t see how a low 'capper could do it, but just wondering if anyone here has gone super low with net score.

Yeah, a high handicap is definitely going to win that game!

I play a 74 slope course and carry a 6 handicap… so I don’t think I even have any scores that net me under 70.

1 Like

Lowest net is probably 66… 74 with something around 8 strokes

I play in a net stroke event for a friends b day every year. Lots of fun but I am usually 10 strokes outside of the winner

I shot 65 as a 2. My lowest gross and net score.

1 Like

Fun question. Went back to the files… apparently my best was a net 62, which also doubles as my best round of the last 20 years. Shot 2-under 70 as an 8 handicap. I still remember that 18th hole. First opportunity to break 70 since my D3 college days. Drove a short-ish par 5 five in 2 to 40 feet, and well, you can probably guess what happened next :rofl:

In any case, great round that hasn’t been approached before or since.

My lowest gross score is 64 but I can’t remember what my handicap was at the time. Probably 1 since it seems like that’s what it’s been for most of my post-college life. So, net 63, I guess.

1 Like

There are too many good golfers here. Where are all the hackers like me?

2 Likes

I once shot 74 with a 12 handicap, net 62. This was back when handicaps were revised once a month, playing on maybe the 30th, and I had about 8 or 9 scores waiting to be considered. I was going to be an 8 the following day. 74 with 8 is pretty rare, with 12 it was ridiculously low.

1 Like

The first time I broke 80 was a net 62 or 63. I had recently gotten lessons for the first time and my true skill was better than my handicap reflected. My handicap ended up dropping over 3 strokes within the next month.

1 Like

Forums like this are going to attract passionate people! The good news is the best way to get better is to surround yourself by good golfers.

I don’t have anyone in my day to day like who will care that I’m working on a new strategy for the par five on the back that I hate.

2 Likes

Dude. That’s ballin out!!

1 Like

Hah. That’s the beauty of golf. I am sure most had butterflies coming down 17 and 18 knowing they have a chance at a personal best!

1 Like

For me at least, it’s the exact opposite. Every time I’ve gone low, I’ve been totally at ease the whole way. On my lowest, I was going so nuts (7 birdies and 2 eagles) that it wasn’t even a question of shooting my best but just how low so nerves were not an issue.

1 Like

2 weeks ago I shot 79(9 over) playing off 15 so 6 under my handicap. That’s my second 79. One back in 1993. Then I stopped playing for 21 years and it has taken 2/12 years to get back to a similar level

2 Likes

My lowest net for 18 was a 68. In another round I shot a net 30 for 9 (3 over par 39; wish I could have played 18!). Both were this year.

1 Like

Hacker reporting for duty!!! Currently a 15hdcp, increased from a 12 at the start of the year. Not a good trend, but spent the early rounds this year worried about the VID. Best score is 78, so no where near breaking a net 60.

2 Likes

When I was a junior we used to play stablefords a lot. The kids were improving quickly but the system takes so long to catch up with them. Consequently you typically needed 45-47 points to have any chance at all. I did once get 47, which against a par of 71 was a net 60.

A few years after I ceased being a junior there was a junior event that two sisters played in. One of them got 47 points. She lost. To her sister. By ten. That’s a net -21. Par 73 for the ladies so net 52. Yikes!

Lastly a story, which doesn’t really qualify but I like telling it so here we are. My brother playing off 22. He hit it pretty far but was wild. Every now and again he’d get it going. He got two shots on the first. Then one each on 2-4 and two on the 5th. He made a birdie 4 on the first for 5 stableford points. Then drove the green on the par 4 second and holed the putt for another 5 points. Then he went par par bogey for 3 points each hole. 19 points after five holes and 9 under his handicap. Then he made a double on 6 for 1 point. He was playing with my dad. My dad said his head went down, his shoulders went down and you’d think the world had come to an end. Wound up with 39, for -3. Solid streak though.

1 Like

In tournament play, 69 (-3). In casual play, 61 (-11). 5 handicap.

1 Like

Another hacker checking in!

Lowest net score is 63. 7 July 2019, broke 90 for the first time. Shot an 85 off 22 handicap. Just checked my scorecard. I was in 4 bunkers and hit 5x3putts! What could have been?! That was a pairs comp and we won ;). Best bit was our 2 playing partners were playing out their skin and were getting so p/ssed they couldn’t match us.

Like @BarryGoldberg above, I was at total ease that round. Wasn’t thinking about my score at all just playing and enjoying it.

When I look back at that round, at the time I thought I’d made a major breakthrough. Broke 90 again on my next round then didn’t break 90 until January 2020. Now playing off 19.6 so improved a little.

1 Like

I shot 37/38:75 with a 16 Hcap, nets 59….and I did it on the last day of course operations on July 31. Owner shuttered the course.

2 Likes