Whats your low round?

Just started really… Shot a 90 this year!

7 Likes

that’s great for just starting out - welcome!

Best round to date is a 76. I’m a 13 handicap.

3 Likes

I’m currently a 4.2 Index. I’ve shot -5 three times in my life. The first time was on a 5800 yard, wide open, par 72. The last 2 times were at my home course, which is a 5500 par 68 with tiny greens and thick rough.

Interestingly, each time I’ve shot -5, I’ve done all my damage on one 9. Shot 31-36 in my 67, and have gone 34-29 and 29-34 in my two 63s at my home course.

The round I’m most proud of is a 72 from the Ripper Tees at Tobacco Road. I played so well that day!

4 Likes

Tobacco Road is so great. It’s a really hard course if you start spraying it, but if you do like you did, you can put up a score. Love that place!

2 Likes

63! That is ridiculous! My best is 73 and I probably needed 4 birdies to get to that. It was at least 35 years ago… I basically shoot between 78 (a good putting day) and 85 (a bad putting day). The rest of my game is pretty consistently mediocre. You really have to have a certain kind of mindset to go as low as 63 to avoid self sabotage.

2 Likes

My best round has been a 72, which I have done a handful of times. The time I did it this year was 1-under through 13 and all I was thinking about was how can I hold on. Not the best mindset for having 5 holes to go.

1 Like

Been there. I had consecutive weeks in league this year I went:
37 - four birdies, one bogey, and a quad
36 - four birdies and a quad
35 - five birdies, four bogeys

Such a mind**** those rounds.

1 Like

@Bigdadenergy and @THEZIPR23 it’s crazy what your conscious mind will do to you when having the round of your life. It’s like here is my score, it’s going to be the best I’ve ever shot, only to consciously start thinking about it. The. We start doing things to make it all go away and have another “normal” round. Whether it’s added pressure, or saying to ourselves don’t mess this up, or getting too conservative. It’s just crazy how powerful our minds are.

1 Like

I used to implode, then explode after big holes. Completely lose a round. Take it from a 78 to a 90 real quick.
I don’t anymore and the only difference is a trust my ability to get shots back. Sure I want drive the cart into a lake after a quad, but I just look at what opportunities are ahead of me. Quad is not a normal score for me. Par is. Sometimes birdie is. So what do I have to do to salvage a good round? Make pars and birdies.
Then I just go out and do it. It sounds easy. It’s not, but it’s a lot easier than losing my mind and getting down on myself.

2 Likes

Golf courses get mad when you drive your golf cart into a lake.

3 Likes

:joy::rofl: I would assume they do!

1 Like

More so the teenage cart wranglers who have to stay late to get it out. Speaking from experience on that one.

1 Like

About 25 years ago I shot 73 (previous low had been 78). Birdied 1 and 3, eagled 7 (short par 4), nice up and down on 9 to save par and make the turn at 3 under. Saved par on 10, nice par on 11 (longish par 3). When I birdied the par 5 12th and got to 4 under, my stupid brain said “you could break 70”…
Bogeyed the next 5 holes (several of them were scrambling bogeys) and made a decent par on 18.

Still a great round for me, but oh, what could have been…

2 Likes

Currently sitting at an 11.4, my lowest round is a 76. I don’t tend to go low often, don’t make a ton of birdies but tend to not put up big numbers either. Started that round with a 40 on the front, a nice steady opening 9. Came in with a 36 that included two birds and a bunch of really solid up and downs.

2 Likes

I shot a 35/38 for a 73 on a par 72 last month. First time to break par on a 9. So close to breaking it for the 18!

5 Likes

Very, very nice round!

1 Like

I thought Ty didn’t keep score…

Had my low round earlier this summer, a 74 (par 72). But I was sitting at 2 under on the 15th tee. When it dawned on me how good it was going, I immediately went off the rails.

1 Like

Oh dang, the mind is a crazy thing! Still a great round, congrats!