Whats your low round?

I think it would be entertaining to hear everyone’s best round? Its amazing how sometimes it feels great out on the course and then other times it is just maddening like you cant do anything right.

Mine is a 63 (Par 72)…8 birdies and 1 eagle, 1 bogey.

I got to play a lot during COVID and my handicap got down to +1.7…it i usually between 0-1…right now it is .1…

Also, the next day after a 63…i shot 78…it felt like 98.

John

6 Likes

I currently have a 13 handicap. 73 is my personal best

1 Like

I’m a six and my best round is a 74… finished bogey bogey. It was 2004. I’m still mad.

I tend to not have much variance in my rounds, as putting is my weakness, so hot putter days is 32 putts instead of 28…

Goal this season, pre injury, was 72 on my home course… it’s a gettable number but might wait until next spring.

1 Like

I’m an 11.1 and my best round is a 78

1 Like

Wow, nice shooting! I had my two lowest rounds earlier this year within one week of each other. 65 & 66 (par 70) - that got me “down” to a +1.5, currently a +.3

3 Likes

I’m a 5.9. Best round ever was a level par 72 in the first round of the 2016 club championship at one of the courses near me.

No gimmes, every shot was played out until the ball was in the hole.

Shot 88 in the warmup round 2 days beforehand. #NeverGiveUp

3 Likes

Nice going.

Tournament play or social round?

A different lifetime (when I was 20) saw my lowest scores to par (-5) for a 65 total (par 70) and probably my best ever round a 67 at a tough par 72. Didn’t keep a handicap at the time because I was in a PGM program (PGA apprentice), but it likely would have been around 2-3.
During COVID times, I really put together a nice round for a -1 71 about a month ago, shooting in the mid-to-high 70’s consistently at the moment (handicap at a 4.9).
Of course if we count GOLFZON screen golf, then I shot a 64 in a pro tournament qualifier in Korea…but nah we don’t count that.

2 Likes

I had -2 69 at Talamore, blue tees maybe 8 or 9 years ago. I also shot -2, this time for 70 at my home club in the Senior Club Championship about 6 years ago. I had 76 the second day to tie for first, lost in the third hole of sudden death. I was pretty proud to follow a career best with a second really good round.

4 Likes

I’m around an 18 handicap, so anything under 90 feels like a good round to me. 84 is my lowest score (6 pars + my first ever eagle), but I’d consider my “best” round the 89 I shot at Tobacco Road taking course difficulty into account. Drove it consistently, avoided blow up holes despite the sand/waste areas everywhere, and averaged <2 putts per hole. Especially at my skill level, the overall feel of a round typically outweighs my final score

5 Likes

That’s a good mindset to keep, regardless of skill level!

2 Likes

I’ve heard great things about Tobacco Road, I hope to play it one day!

2 Likes

6 handi, best round is a 74.

One bogey on each side.

Very boring golf, never really in trouble, 16 NGIR, with a a handful of very straight forward up and downs.

Knew I was playing well but didn’t realize I set my PR by four strokes until i sat down and counted them all up at 19th hole

1 Like

Low is 68. I’m a 1.7. I don’t go low often but don’t go too high either

3 Likes

Nice playing!

Lowest round was a 62 at Dakota Dunes Country Club. One of those rounds where you don’t even have to think. Your body’s just doing everything on its own and it’s doing it well.

Asterisk on this one is I three putted the par 5 number 18 for par. :man_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

That’s going low!!!

I don’t think it deserves an asterisk! Nice round!!

Can’t wait to get in the positives.

Are you playing easy courses? I would assume mid to high 70’s would have you below 5

Off topic, but I used to play a lot of rounds at one of the easiest Muny’s in town (par 71, course rating of 69 and almost no slope) while having buddies out at a slightly tougher (but a 73 on course rating and 130ish slope).

Joined out at the cc course and handicap dropped 3 strokes almost immediately. Seems like those ratings / slope are a bit out of whack

2 Likes