Whats your low round?

Rating on the courses I play regularly is 70-73 and the “mid to high” is a bit more high than mid.

66 (-6) about 10.5 months ago. It only took me about 38 years to eclipse my previous personal best of 67.

1 Like

When I was 18 I shot 79 at Shandon a par 70 course in Wellington NZ. I was 7 over at the turn and had given up on my goal of breaking 80
I didn’t play for 20 years then in Febuary this year I shot 80 at Mt Osmond another par 70. 9 pars 8 bogies and 1 double. And I missed two 2 ft putts. Average score that month was 92.1 or 22over

1 Like

78 for me. That was 11 years ago and I had about a 12 index then. I’m at 17.9 now. I broke 80 a handful of times back in 2009 as I was out of work that summer and golfed 3-4 times a week. I haven’t done it since and my handicap keeps climbing. I do have an 81 and 82 this year with some horrible putting, but I’m just not striking the ball well enough nor do I have a good enough short game to break 80 these days.

I have 2 65’s. One was a par 72 with 7 birdies, an eagle and a double, the week after my son was born in 2013. Followed it up with an 82 my next round.

Other 65 was May this year on a short par 70, with 6 birdies and 1 bogey. I’m currently a +1.8 but it will be going up soon as the 65 moves out of my last 20 rounds. I felt really good about that score until I saw that this kid shot 55 on the same course a couple months later.

3 Likes

No matter how good you get at this game, there is always someone better - unless you’re Tiger or Jack :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah, also have seen a few courses that had renovations that weren’t re-rated right away, and conditions definitely dictate how a course is playing. I haven’t seen any adjustments yet in my rounds on tougher days. My home course is a 73.9 and I my lowest score there is 71, but my handicap also dropped in part I think because most of my rounds are on a harder course though most of my lower rounds are away.

Personal best is a 76 (currently a 10.2 handicap). I have posted a 36 during a few 9 hole rounds

2 Likes

Currently I am 11.5 handicap with my low round being a 74 two over last year. It also happened to be my first ever round in the 70s and first ever 9 holes shooting even par. Was able to follow it up the following weekend with a 77.

4 Likes

Nice!! Keep that momentum. Feels great posting those never-before-seen scores, doesn’t it!?

1 Like

It sure does! This year hasnt been as great for me as last year. But still enjoy it either way!

Currently about a 9 handicap. Low round is a 73 at a short par 71 track. I did however post a two under 34 less than a week ago which would be my low nine.

4 Likes

I shot 65 in a company day once. That’s my lowest. I shot a 67 a couple of times in tournaments. One time was a two round event and second round I shot 31 on the front, so I was 98 for 27 holes. That’s definitely my best scoring achievement. Shot a couple of 68s in the past five years. Can’t break 80 at the moment though. Not playing enough

3 Likes

I tied my personal best 3 times this year at 66. My home course has 27 holes and they rotate the 18 hole track often. I hit 66 on each combination. I also accomplished a weird personal goal of keeping it under 100 for all 27.

Getting to play more probably helped, but I’ve been putting in a lot of work with Decade, fit for golf, and Trainfuly.

5 Likes

Great scores! Congrats on putting together such a strong season.

1 Like

All great resources that can lower scores - nice shooting!

1 Like

I just picked up the game last June and currently playing to a 14 hcp and shot an 83 at Sedona Golf Resort over the winter.

4 Likes

+1, 73 --> it was a 2 day tournament and I shot an 85 on day one - followed up with my low round of 73. Goal is to get a round under par and then a round in the 60’s over the next couple years. Im a 6.3 right now. It will happen eventually!

3 Likes

-7 65 9 birdies and 2 bogeys. Lowest tourney score is 68. But the one I will never forget is I once shot -1 with 9 birdies, 8 bogeys and a par.

4 Likes

I am a 5 handicap after the new system went into place. Best tournament round was a 70, but have shot in the sixties a few times.

4 Likes