What's In The Bag?

Do tell about lefty 7i. Putter not surprising

Used to work with a guy who played lefty then quit golf. Picked it back up and played righty but still kept all his wedges and putter lefty

1 Like

@openfacelefty I grew up playing left-handed, but due to several reasons (e.g. clubs harder to find and being a left-handed baseball player) I made the switch to right-handed sometime in high school. The putting still felt natural lefty, so I kept it. Interestingly enough, my dad had the exact same development!
The lefty 7i came about because I was struggling with consistency and distance control around the greens, especially on tight lies. Everything I read or watched said a great option was a 7i or 8i with a putting stroke. Well, I didn’t putt right-handed! So I picked up a used lefty 7i on eBay and replaced my 60* with it; and I haven’t looked back!

2 Likes

My bag:

Driver: ping g400 lst 8.5
3 wood: ping g400
18 Callaway Apex UT Iron
4-AW callaway apex mb
58 Callaway pm grind
64 Callaway pm grind
Bobby Grace Putter

1 Like

Driver Lynx Predator 10.5 deg
Lynx Predator 5 wood 18 deg
Lynx Tour Blades 3i-PW
Lynx Prowler Sand iron
Lynx Lob Wedge
Acushnet Bulleye Putter

2 Likes

Beware the golfer with a bullseye putter

1 Like

It was a gift from the pro that taught me to play in 1993

Driver: 2017 TaylorMade M1 9.5*, Fujikara XLR8 Stiff Shaft
3 Hybrid: Sub70 939X 17*, Project X 5.5 Stiff Shaft
4i-AW: Sub70 699 Irons, KBS Tour S 120g Shafts
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54* and 58*

Carry Bag: Sun Mountain 2.5LS

2 Likes

I play an assortment of clubs from the father in laws’s abandoned golf club bin.

The price is right and he recently got rid of TS2 Driver and 3w

Getting fit for irons tomorrow morning : )

5 Likes

I just read your bio, picked up the game in 2019 and already down to a 14 handicap

Well done!

2 Likes

Thanks! I got pretty obsessive with improvement last summer/winter with a few lessons and 2-3x/week range sessions. We welcomed our first kid early this summer, so I haven’t been able to play nearly as much the last 3 months. We’ll see if I can pick back up next summer – my goal is 10-12 by end of next summer.

2 Likes

Cobra F7 9.5d
Adams 5w 18°
Adams 21°

Ping 4i Rapture 24°
Ping 6i-7i K15
Ping 8i-pw- i15
52°, 56° Ping gorge

34" Odyssey White Hot #7
Ball: Kirkland performance+
2 open spots in bag will sometimes be a 23° hybrid, 60° wedge

1 Like

I putted lefty for a while and was fairly good at it. I just never could control super long putt distance with it and ultimately got a little yippy on short putts so I went back to righty. I think more RH golfers who struggle putting should try it out.

1 Like

How do you like the arm lock? I’m thinking of buying one and trying it out.

1 Like

Driver: TaylorMade M5 w Hzrdus yellow shaft
Hybrids: Exotics EXS 19 and 24 degree lofts
Irons: Mizuno MP H4
Wedges: Wishon PCF 52, 56, 60
Putter: Sik Pro c Armlock w/ LA Golf shaft
Ball: TP5x

Currently upgrading everything but as of today

Driver: Taylormade M4
Woods: Shopping around. Need to fill the gap between 210-250 yards
5-AW: Sub70 699 irons
SW: currently shopping for one
60* wedge: RTX-4
Putter: Currently shopping (Wilson mallet used in interim). Was using odyssey triple track but didn’t like how heavy it felt.
Ball: TM(a) + Callaway Supersoft

How you like the arm lock putter? I’m eyeballing a sick on eBay right now

Best golf purchase I have made in the last few years.
I went the EBay route a few years ago and bought a bettinardi arm lock. I didn’t do well with it (not fit for it) and sold it and bought a Sik off eBay, again, not fit for me.
I loved the roll, but something was off…sold it.
Before this year, I reached out to Sik and we discussed a fit for me. I’m 6’6” and needed it way more upright than I originally thought (79 degrees). Best I have ever putted.

1 Like

Very cool. I’m 6’4” so off the rack usually doesn’t work for me either. I’ll reach out to the SIK guys too for some feedback.
Thanks for sharing!

Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5 w/ Vizard FP-7X shaft
3W: Adams 3+ Tight Lies Titanium
H/U: Currently Rocketballz hybrid, soon to be Sub70 699 Pro Utility
Irons: Sub70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Modus 120x shaft
GW: 48* Sub 70 or Mizuno MP 52*
SW: 56* Cleveland 588
LW: 60* Mizuno JPX
Putter: Odyssey Sabertooth

I’ve done enough club spending this year but need to make some gapping adjustments in my wedges in 2021 and will eventually get a putter fitting, but still do okay there.

2 Likes

Im 6 4 and just had my putter adjusted… such a big difference!

It’s definitely worth your time to get fit for a putter!

I’ve heard good things about sik as well!

I think armlock makes sense in that it reduces variables in your putting… just a new stroke to get comfortable with.

1 Like