What’s your favorite training aid?

Easy. A broken tee end 2-3 inches in front of the ball. Aim for it when striking an iron, and if you have been struggling with forward shaft lean at impact, it will change your life.

Most of the time, I pull out a few dozen blades of grass from in front of me, and use those. But the skinny end of a broken tee is a superb target.

5 Likes

I like alignment sticks as you can use them in different ways. Also I have one of those plastic yellow Swingyde type aids. The PlaneMate looks cool, but I find with aids that limit your swing that you need to make like 5 swings with them and 5 without or you just rely on them too much for feedback.

2 Likes

Does the DST Trainer still exist?

From what I can see, yes it’s still available on their site

eBay doesn’t really seem to have any of these used, so I guess people are holding on to them! I’ve liked the concept ever since I read the article on it, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger to order a new one from the website. Can use code: dstbebettergolf for 15% off. Basically covers the shipping fee.

the DST can be frustrating, but I would say it’s the training aid I’ve benefited the most from personally

3 Likes

Massive fan of the puttout contraption. Recently broke fingers so couldn’t swing, bought the supporting matt and it’s def helping my putting control.

3 Likes

“Favorite” is hard to say… I have several that I find useful, and rotate in and out of over time as I work on different things. In no specific preference order, my list includes…
… Orange Whip full length trainer
… Orange Whip Compact
… Orange Whip Light Speed
… Tour Striker Smart Ball
… Swing Caddy swing trainer
… PuttOut trainer & mirror, + putting mat
… ExPutt indoor putting simulator
… hitting net in garage
… alignment stick set perpendicular to target line to monitor weight shift

2 Likes

IMPACT BAG, not even close

1 Like

I love the variety of people’s favorite aids. From the simple (foot spray, box, tees) to the most complex. I’m curious, do you tend to use training aids the most in the off season (if you have one) or during the golf season?

1 Like

For me it’s all the time … I’m always working on improving my swing and my game!

No offseason here, just off days :slight_smile:

Hollaback. My motto exactly. Always working on something, whether it’s my mind, body, mechanics, or overall play.

Yeah a great way to use Plane Mate is five strokes with it, five strokes without it. Works great!

I, too, love the variety. I’ve often wondered about how many training aids you could use at once and personally I would love to see it and will probably be that person some day. I think you could get up to as many as ten training aids at one time (alignment rods, pool noodles, plane mate, towels, tennis balls, etc etc.)

What is the most training aids you’ve ever used at one time? :rofl:

1 Like

That’s a good topic for a new thread!
…submit a pic of yourself actually swinging with multiple aids in use

Let’s not turn into this guy!

7 Likes

Was about to post the same picture

1 Like

I think officially that was just one training aid :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I think I 've used 2 at once. Swingyde on an Orange whip. In the privacy of my backyard though…I can’t be that guy at the range lol.

1 Like

I have the DST and I’m pretty sure I read about it on your forum @jon It is pretty good because if you come in to shallow or steep, it lets you know. It is weird with it being bent because the feel throughout the swing is crazy. I find myself trying to correct for the bent shaft, but then realize, forget about it, just swing. When I do that, I usually make pretty solid contact. It’s hard to get used to.

2 Likes