What Products Would You Like Reviewed?

I know a lot of you find value in product reviews, and my goal with PG is always to sift through the junk and help you invest in the good stuff.

What products would you like me to review on the site? Add them to this thread so I can get a sense of what is important to everyone!

Maybe a more in-depth look at sunscreen? Found this article on the site:

I’d be interested in a testing article looking at different brands (golf specific vs. normal brands?) and if there actually is any impact on performance if you put it on and then immediately hit.
1 Like

I’d love to see in-depth testing done with balls and wedges. Which balls pair best with which wedges from different distances, lies, etc. I know clubs and balls are a very individualized results area, but it would be great to see which combos may work best all over the course.

1 Like

There are a ton of training aids out there but I don’t know what is good or how I would use most of them. It would be great to hear your opinion on the product, your idea how it is used, and what golfers it would help the most. I bet a lot of those companies would give you a freebie to review and then giveaway too.

1 Like

No offense, but tough to beat mygolfspy for gear reviews. How about telling us what you use & why Jon.

Good one, but that could result in 100s, potentially thousands of permutations. Something more simple like one product :smiley:

Not trying to beat them. Trying to offer another perspective. Often times my reviews are products that I like and end up using myself but sometimes I don’t know what everyone wants to see.

3 Likes

Yeah, but it would be so much fun!!

1 Like

To do it right you would need to really account for a lot of variables in not only the wedges, balls, but also how each golfer is delivering the club. Which is why custom fitting is always the best solution. No aggregate test could possibly account for everything.

I think you should stick to the Practical Golf mentality… “Will this make you better?” AND “How can this make you better?”…

Plenty of basic reviews on most products out there, it would be cool to see (as an easy example):

Speed Sticks, we’ve seen they improve your club head speed, how can you use that new found speed to play better golf?

And then cover both if they work, and how to use them to actually GAIN benefit from using them…

A counter example would be the “plane swinger” or whatever it is… the rubber band on a track on a belt… that helps you get on plane… Does getting on plane actually HELP dispersion? I don’t know… but that’s a much more interesting question than does it help get you on plane…

4 Likes

Can you tell us which reviewers are objective and unbiased by affiliate programs?

1 Like

Any review you see on PG is my true opinion :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d love to see a review of the newer True golf shoes. I know we talked briefly about them, but I’m wondering if they’ve become more stabile, etc than the first pair I got years ago.

1 Like

Growing on this, I’d love to see a test of shoes in general… possibly even start out barefoot, tennis shoes, spikeless, spider spikes vs metal spikes…

Would be interesting if you could test how much actual impact they have.

3 Likes

Oh how I miss metal spikes.

1 Like

I’d like to know about these. They are very doesn’t, they better work for that price.

https://sqairz.com/

I tried them and wasn’t in love with them. I’d have to say I’m philosophically opposed to the concept. Where your feet are aimed at setup is very personal, and even if you look at pro golfers you can see varying styles (think Bubba). In fact, I think if a lot of people tried to “square” their feet perfectly it would harm their swing - I know it would hurt mine.

In terms of their stability/comfort, I think they did a very good job. But I didn’t notice anything groundbreaking like some of their claims. Last, but perhaps not least, they look like orthotics, not into the style at all :grimacing:

3 Likes

Well that sums it up in a nutshell. Not your words but mine; Waste of money. Hahaha. I definitely didn’t want to buy them to find that out. Thanks @jon

2 Likes

I pretty much exclusively wear Foot Joy and New Balance, as they are the only ones who consistently make 14 4E… I am still curious about how much a difference different shoes make.

Good grief 14 4E. You and Shaq should get together and make a golf show, hahaha. Must be a real pain in the ass to find shoes. I’m 5’9” and wear a 12. I get enough grief about that, like, you don’t even need to rent skis when you go to the snow. Yah yah.