What Products Would You Like Reviewed?

Ha, I think I can fit both my feet into Shaq’s shoe, honestly.

My method for buying shoes is: Are they on sale? Are they 14 4e? OK, into the cart… I have some ugly shoes due to this process… Honestly, in the internet age, it’s not all bad. I know what size I need, and I can filter out the results. Other than dress shoes, I don’t care what they look like, so I tend to wear a lot of New Balance.

Sunglasses are much more difficult, as I have a pumpkin head and there aren’t any standardized sizes… At one point, I had the perfect pair and 4 years later I crushed them with my bare foot… I’m still upset about it (and still remember how much it hurt!)

1 Like

It’s not specifically a product, but it would be cool to see some testing on different shaft lengths… gains in speed vs loss of control… Obviously it would require more than one tester, as I’m sure it’s different for everyone.

Would always be good to see a PG take, but do you watch TXG content on YouTube? They have lots of great stuff on shafts.

1 Like

I check in with both MGS and PG before buying anything golf. Always good to have a different perspective. The golf ball thread is a great example. As you can see in the 60+ comments here, many golfers play brand new ProV1s every time out, and just as many play used balls. MGS makes a convincing case for high quality balls if one wants top tier performance, but for those who want to save a few bucks, PG’s used balls vs new balls article puts many minds at ease! Cheers!

I don’t spend too much time on YT, but I have seen their stuff and I think it’s excellent!

1 Like

Best golf channel there in my opinion. Not instruction, just information put out in an understandable way with an emphasis that every golfer is unique.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t watch much YouTube content, especially on golf, but TXG probably gets 90% of my views… I’ve been meaning to find some of their old videos (they apparently have one about building CHS quickly)

1 Like

Jon, I’d like someone to take a look at Slope feature. How is it calculated, how accurate is it, should I shell out $$ to upgrade from my non-slope laser? Are there alternate methods (other than the old saw “uphill, take additional club”) for dealing with slope?
I’ve seen lots of ads how it’s supposed to help but never seen any tests.
Btw, how do you do it? Thx!

1 Like

Jon,
Great site and work on your part. Just added myself last night and like the format as an alternative to other sites we routinely visit as avid golfers.

I’d love your thoughts on Swing Speed Radar and how its accuracy compares to higher end tools. I have it with me on the range to work on my driver SS and it seems spot on but would welcome your input.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Welcome! I actually tested the sports sensor radar when I first tried out SuperSpeed Golf, and it is an accurate tool to use. Since then, I’ve switched to the PRGR (and so have they) because it offers a few more features, but both are really good tools for measuring swing speed.

I think the most important part is continuity. Not every tool is going to be exactly perfect, but it’s best to stick with the same one so you can benchmark your progress over time.

1 Like

Welcome! A bunch of great conversations going on, so jump in!

Nice. I haven’t tried the PRGR yet and probably stepping up to the S200 plus/S300 or the MLM within the next month or so. I have Trackman access (paid of course) at my club and the SSRT held up well for SS accuracy when compared to Trackman. I do a lot of work with Monte S and his latest No Turn/Cast! has really helped pick up my Driver SS. Eliminated a lot of 30 years of flipping which worked fine in my 20’s, not so much now😎

Appreciate the great work you guys do and will be a constant lurker on the forums…

1 Like