What Are Your Favorite Products?

I’m not totally sure, but it seems like Aldila itself doesn’t have a ton of options these days. Interestingly though, the Rogue 130 MSI was very high up in the ranking for me. I liked it better than the Ventus and Diamana and others that get a lot of play and attention.

2 Likes

The silver is in my driver now and I love it… the 110.

I have a random aldila shaft in my garage that didn’t get much attention… maybe the alpha rip x? I bought it for $150 and will put it against the white when I get my mavrik driver.

I know you posted this a while ago- but I am trying to figure out my winter setup. I have a birdie ball that I love to roll the ball on also. I have the same problem plus one. The mat I have is too big for any flat area I have in my house without moving stuff, kinda dumb to buy one so big but it’s already done lol. I was thinking of making a platform for similar reasons as you. It just isn’t sturdy unless you are on hard flat flooring. You step on it and it gives and slides around etc. So mine is mainly just rolled up and stored. I was thinking of trimming it down for length and then affixing it to some plywood or something else hard. It can then be stored on its end without a problem somewhere. I’m pretty handy and I can find some glue that can attach it. Maybe liquid nails or something. Just curious what you have done with your birdie ball mat for a platform. I can’t spend the money on that pro putt system although it looks gorgeous! Three inches of snow came yesterday here so it has my mind in overdrive for winter setup lol.

1 Like

So we had a full gym in our storage area in the basement. We took that out and cleared a big area. That’s on flat cement, so that’s where I put my birdie ball down. I wish I had the space to have my net and birdie ball in the same spot, but I don’t, so this is what I’ve done. It’s nice just to have it available.

Edit: please ignore the spot my dog chewed up. :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Looks nice. I struggle to find flat spots for my putting mats. I use my eyeline golf sweet roll to find one. That’s another product I like (sweet roll). Basically the same as the perfect putter. So cool to watch the ball roll and know how the putt breaks with nlpeefect speed.

Oh cool! That’s a good idea. My basement ceiling is not very high or I’d consider my net down there too. My garage though is wicked high, I lined it with 6 mil sheeting to help keep the heat in when I crank it up. I’m considering mounting my mat permanently to something. So I can take it to the basement or the garage as needed. I have two kids sharing the basement right now so I’d have to kick some of their stuff out of the way lol. Those mats certainly have a nice roll to them. I am going to do some measuring and seeing what I can do. Thanks!

1 Like

Solid list @jon. Here’s a few of my favs:

Bushnell rangefinders. I still use the 1M Pro slope. It’s taken a beating and still performs. It’s like a cockroach.

The Pill. The only other aid I use next to the Orange Whip.

Odyssey Toulon Chicago. Was fit into it last year and I’ve had my best putting stats to date. StrokeLab isn’t a gimmick.

Big Moss putting mat. Had it for 5 years. Quality is awesome. Our dogs have yet to destroy it. Add/remove dog hair to adjust green speed.

Peter Millar. Quality of their polos and 1/4 zips are second to none. I live in them.

Bonobos. I’ve lived in their khakis for like a decade and have to say, best golf pant/short for quality and fit.

Groove tube. Clips on the bag. Use it after every shot. Just add water.

Adidas Tour 360 xt. Best spiked shoe on the market.

Callaway ChromeSoft X w/ TT. I absolutely love this ball. Checks every box.

Theragun. Is it golf product? Sorta. But it works.

2 Likes

Great list!

I am very intrigued by Stroke Lab putters/shafts. Every time I pick one up it feels so stable. No wobbling or wavering.

Also intrigued by Chrome Soft X. It’s been getting some good press. I currently play ProV1x.

2 Likes

Just ordered the Perfect Practice putting aid as it’s looking like COVID restrictions in the UK could be with us a long time. My wife wants to keep it boxed until Christmas. Not sure if I can handle that!

6 Likes

Haha my wife did the same thing with my Super Speed sticks. I said I’d reimburse her and open them now. :joy:

3 Likes

Maybe you can open it and just wrap an empty box? :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’ll happily leave my edel putter under the tree of my wife buys it… and by that I mean I’ll put it back there after I’m done playing with it!

The 2 under have gotten my seal of approval… definitely comfortable boxers. $30 price tag is a little steep, but if the durability is there, they will be worth it! I’ll probably buy more with whatever Amazon gift cards I get for Christmas.

Bombas socks are still my favorite… always excited when they are the “next” pair in my sock drawer… (I’ll also grab them if I’m playing golf or going for a hike)… definitely on the Christmas list for people who still buy me presents (basically just my mother in law)

2 Likes

You’re going to LOVE the PerfectPractice mat. I got mine last week. Be sure and watch the videos that come with it. They have changed the way I putt (and for the better). That said, you might not want to open because it is ADDICTIVE.

3 Likes

I’ve got the “it’s been dispatched” email! Could be putting all weekend (apart from when my wife has me decorating) :grin:

2 Likes

Winning! Have to develop a strategy to keep my cat from using my Perfect Practice putting mat as a scratching post - multiple catnip toys may do it.

2 Likes

So after practicing my putting on it for a couple of months (e.g., mostly how many could I hit in a row from whatever distance to the big hole and little hold), I have taken my skill to Florida for a few months and actually trying it out for real. OMG! I can’t believe how much better I’m putting. Much more confident. It’s amazing.

2 Likes

it’s helped me quite a bit too, I’m glad to hear you had a similar experience!

@CoryO - I’d be interested in hearing more about your experience with these clubs. I looked at the website and I couldn’t believe the prices. Full set of irons for < $200! If nothing else, would be a nice option for someone that has a vacation house or something like that. Are they any good? Any noticeable difference from the big name brands?

I can say that they are good clubs made with high quality components. The one thing they can’t do is give you a true fitting, but instead have an online tool to help decide some basics (length/lie) so for a golfer who really wants those things dialed in then it might not be for them. For your average golfer who just needs something that is going to work alright, then they are great.
Personally, I got good deals on some name-brand clubs over the past year, so I’m not playing GigaGolf anymore, but I would have no hesitation with going back to them if I needed a new set without spending a lot of money.

2 Likes

I looked at them, and my only complaint would be the shafts and grips I want get me into the Sub70 price range (420 vs 500)… GolfWorks is also a great place for cheap clubs, and the people I talked to who play the Maltby’s love them…

Golf clubs purchasing is weird… I’ve gotten to the point where I’d rather spend the money on exactly what I want and be happy with it for multiple seasons than trying to make something cheaper work for me… but I’m also willing to try lesser known brands if I can get a good club at a better cost.

I’ve got my eyes on the new Sub70 649s, but I’m not sure I’ll be replacing my Adams CMBs anytime soon.