What are your experinces with CBDs

Was speaking with a friend of a friend the other day who has been taking CBD (drops) for sometime now and claims they have been game changing for him.

Starting to read into them and see that has been a recent rise in interest from the golf world.

My potential reason for them would be to help with sleep but more importantly, I tend to get umm a little passionate when playing and from what I’ve read, this could provide a calmer effect.

Have any of you used it/using it? What have been your experiences and recommendations on best consumption for golfers/brands

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I’ve taken them, but did not buy a new bottle when I ran out… I’ve seen enough to think they might have some use, but am waiting for more scientific evidence before I spend the money again.

2 Likes

I would also like to hear from anyone taking CBD about its pain relieving qualities.

1 Like

Some info in this thread from last week. I’ll be sharing more about my experience using products at some point in the near future.

3 Likes

@Wasa I used to take CBD when I was playing lacrosse last summer. Two things I noticed when taking it was inflammation reduced and I slept better. Don’t how much it actual helped with the pain relieving but it defiantly help with the inflammation I had.

Why I stopped the inflammation in my knee went away about a month after the season ended and the main reason why I was taking was to be able to reduce the inflammation to be able to play the next game.

4 Likes

Thanks. Do you recall the brand and dosage you used?

1 Like

I will say that for instant relief for muscle soreness, the sports cream from Kanibi works great for me, also seems to help prevent joint swelling. Comparable to an icy hot/tiger balm feeling, but oddly stronger but more comfortable than those.

2 Likes

I’m skeptical of the CBD stuff. Tried it and didn’t notice much. Also there isn’t a lot of legit research on it yet.
A good fish oil supplement and proper sleep help inflammation more than anything. Along with a sound diet.
Like most any supplement tho, it’s worth trying and seeing if you fee like it helps. What works for some may not do much for others.

2 Likes

Cheers for input so far…

Has anyone found it to be good as a calming influence on the course?

1 Like

I swear by CBD. I use topical and tincture. I only buy Lazarus naturals because of their quality reviews. It’s important for my career purposes that there is no THC in the CBD I’m taking. They also have great discounts for veterans, active duty, and I believe first responders. When I started with their product two years ago, they were rated the #2 and manufacturer in the USA. There is a lot about what goes into a high quality CBD, believe me, I did my research and was dumbfounded about my ignorance, not all things are created equal. I’ll compare it to a golf ball for our purposes. They look the same from the prided but what’s inside matters. I went with them over the number one manufacture because of their discount and military appreciation.

2 Likes

Edit to above post: I do sometimes actually use topical CBD with thc that I buy in Vegas. The thc doesn’t get into your system when applied on the skin. I will do this when I need a real good pain relief in a very sore muscle.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered if it was placebo effect. I think I will try some for myself.

4 Likes

I would have gone into a licensed store in Canada. All i can tell you that the CBD to THC level was 1 to 1 and that was the best percentage they would had.

I could of had it 1:2 CBD to THC and higher.

I took 0.2mg per night.

I just ordered Kanibi.

1 Like

I’ve been a long time user of various topical creams for muscle and joint pain relief … recently decided to give CBD a try on a persistent back spasm (and my hip, and my knee, and my ___, …).

Did a little online research and it appears the better products are - “full spectrum” and “lab tested”. Note some companies also offer “THC Free” options.

Also found in addition to creams or lotions you could get a rub on stick, which seemed like a good application method (not interested in drops - I want to put the pain reliever directly on the pain).

With the caveat that what works for one person may not for another … the product I decided on does seem to provide me fairly quick and lasting pain relief / muscle relaxation…

Receptra Naturals
“Serious Relief” Targeted Topical Stick

They offer a few different strength/concentration levels (I splurged on the 640 mg).

3 Likes

Glad to hear it’s working for you. Mine is in the mail.

1 Like

Wanted to let you all know that I wrote up a guide to CBD/review of KANIBI products for the main site. Check it out and let me know what you think!

1 Like

Did the research and ordered mine. Planning on starting with 25mg a day for a week then varying depending on results.

This is also for lifestyle too so fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hope it works out for you. Best bet is to just try to have an open mind and avoid any expectations.

1 Like

I am pretty familiar with the space as I looked at a potential investment.

The one thing I would say is do research on who you buy from. There has been a rush of money into the space and there are a lot of hucksters.

I believe there is a company partnered with Whole Foods and I know they take sourcing pretty seriously.

I don’t take it myself but I have heard there is a huge range of quality in the products in the market place right now.

2 Likes