What are your experinces with CBDs

I just looked at On The Green’s website. They make products specifically designed for golfers.

So guys, I’m 4 days in (once a day, 25mg after lunch), I’m ex military and now teaching middle school…

I went for non THC for obvious reasons, but I can confirm along with easing my back ache, I have certainly become carmer around mummy’s little angels…

Yet to play golf which will be the final test, but if it helps in class it must be worth it.

Do the research first though, as you need to know dosage and that can dictate your purchase.

3 Likes

From research and a few guys I know whom had been taking it for years, the psychological effect is more pronounced than physical therapy.
They swore by it.
As we all should know, any medication which will alter the mood all have some lasting effect. Old saying is, whatever one receives will eventually be demanded payback + interests.
However, the famous saying is, adrenaline could be your friend if you understand it and learn to use it to your advantage.
There has been rumors of the use of the CBD or similar products on the professional circuit. I hope it is not true.
I’m all for it for recreational use, if it helps you to manage your golf game and your daily life.
No study for longer use just yet.

I’ll second on the use of fish oil. It helped me with my knee joints and minor arthritis in my fingers, shoulders and knees.
Started off with high dosage then lowered it to maintenance level.
If I need an escape after a difficult day, I prefer a 2-4 fingers of fine liquor. Mostly as Ben Hogan said, “the clear one”. Wood sap and coloring is not good for liver and kidneys.
Old fashion moonshine been used by the likes of Bobby Jones and many others from the beginning.
So in that sense, the CBD should be considered as conforming use for competition golf.

Why? How is it different from, say, taking a half shot of your favorite potent potable at the start to settle the nerves?

I don’t use CBD, but I have no objection to others doing so. Then again, I’ve been fairly laissez faire about PEDs in pro sports, as concerns the moral hysteria over such. (E.g., steroids in baseball, various PEDs in cycling, etc…)

People want to win. Winning often means cheating, and not getting caught.

First off I’m a Medical Marijuana patient. Before I was a dad I used pot for recreational use. When I became a dad I stopped. 6 years ago I got into a serious auto accident. My injuries were so bad I couldn’t do much including play golf for over a year. The docs wanted to do neck and shoulder surgery to try and fix the issue, but the surgery was a 50-50 proposition and could have made things worse. I opted for physical therapy. That said, I live with pain pretty much every waking hour. Some days worse than others. First thing from the docs was let’s prescribe you one of the oxy’s. I said NO WAY! When my state approved Medical Marijuana I jumped on it. It’s non addictive and works to take the edge off when the injuries decide to become inflamed. I take a combination gummie of THC and CBD. They are 2 totally different animals. THC is the “high”. CBD is more of a nerve sedation med and does have a calming effect on the nervous system. CBD is legal and a doctors script is not required, THC or the combo does require a doctors order because Big Brother considers it a narcotic. Oxy or Pot, not exactly a hard choice! CBD is not a narcotic and if anyone wants to use it or try it and it works for you it’s no different than taking any natural supplement. Hope you all understand that mess

2 Likes

I tried Kanibi CBD tincture and gummies, but neither really helped my golf game or sleep. I did find CBD helped with muscle soreness after a hard workout or a lot of yardwork, but so does glutamine and that costs a lot less. I tried different dosage levels and the results were inconsistent. THC gummies do definitely help me sleep better, but I use them sparingly.

I don’t care for what people do, as long as they’re not endanger others.
To answer your question, one way is acceptable and one is not at this moment. Things will change over time as we know it.
At the time Bobby Jones was using the moonshine, it was prohibition period, alcoholic beverages were deemed illegal, way beyond non-conforming for the game. Story about when Jones checked in a Hotel in the G.B., the porter dropped one of his suitcase and the smell of liquor permeated the lobby. Apparently Jones had some private reserve which is much more potent than what he could get locally.
Tour players been known to take either prescription or over the counter remedy before and during the tournament.
The difference is to keep the playing field even. Of course, grey area of what’s acceptable and what is not.
Maybe the LIV tour should prevail, so everyone is happy and no stress nor unnecessary injury.
Then, what the world will become? People being raised like cattle? We drug our live stock, don’t we?