Welcome to the community! Start here

Yes! I’m very happy with all the posts so far. We’re off to a solid start :slight_smile:

welcome

1 Like

Thank you sir, great to have you here. Your banter/insight will be very valuable!

Hi everyone, I’ve been playing the game just over 2 years and home course is Clyne Golf Club in Swansea, Wales, UK. Currently playing off 11 but hoping to get down to 10 this weekend!

1 Like

welcome! Glad to have some UK representation!

1 Like

Congrats, Jon! Looks like a great start, and thanks for reinforcing the positivity message … personally I tune out and turn off as soon as it starts to go downhill…

Anyway, been a longtime reader of your blog and have gotten a LOT out of all the articles - especially the course management series. Plus after reading about John Hobbins I have an upcoming clinic scheduled with him :+1:

Awesome! John is a great guy and I learned AimPoint from him, it was definitely a “teach a man to fish” moment and my putting has been better ever since.

I appreciate your kind words about the site, glad to have you in the community!

Thanks Jon for creating this forum. I’m looking forward to seeing what all it has to offer. As I’ve said before on your articles, the one thing I really like about your site is that you do not constantly tell me my swing is wrong. I know I have an ugly swing. But thanks to your articles, I have made adjustments to where I can advance the ball towards the target. My main improvements have been mental. I no longer get as frustrated and my expectations are now correct and I am enjoying the game much more than I used to. Thanks for letting me be a part of the community.

1 Like

Hi Jon,

Thanks for setting this up.

I like the pop up that’s just appeared to remind people on how to behave.

Helllo everyone,

Looking forward to chatting.

Best regards,
Chris

1 Like

Markl The thing that haunts us as amateurs. Three things I’ve found that help, and just like everything else in golf, what works for one, won’t necessarily work for another. 1) I focus just ahead of the golf ball when making my swing, so as not to be thinking the ball is my finish point or just locked in on it for that matter. 2) if I feel tense over the ball, I squeeze the club and my abs as hard as I possibly can, literally almost to the point that it hurts, the I let off all of the pressure. At the most flexed my tension was a 10 at the least it was a 1. I then try to think of a 3 or 4 on the tension.
3) I hit ping pong balls around the house. If you try too hard you’ll crack them. Also you’ll learn, you don’t need too much for them to get to fly.

Hopefully one or all of these will be useful.

Thanks for reading! I have what many would consider an “ugly” golf swing too, but I get it around OK. Welcome to the community :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome Chris - so far everyone is being incredibly nice to one another!

1 Like

Looking forward to what this forum has to offer. Always enjoyed your articles coming here was an easy decision.

1 Like

thanks, Steve! Welcome to the community

Jon, thanks for putting this together. Really looking forward to participating.

You’re doing a great job!

Thanks for the tips. I will try them out.

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words!

Been following your site and recommendations for some while now so its good to see things expanding!

1 Like

thank you! I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time, so it’s great to see people getting involved.

1 Like

Let’s hope it stays that way and the keyboard warriors stay away.

1 Like

Craigers, I ended up having fusion surgery. The layoff was painful but I haven’t felt any pain at all since returning to the course.

2 Likes