Waterproof Shoes

I picked up the Linksoul X TRUE shoe over the winter, but haven’t put them in play yet. Might have to bust them out soon though…

3 Likes

My wife is going to be really mad at you guys when I buy new shoes due to this thread…

4 Likes

Luckily I got permission to buy new shoes last weekend. Leaning Adidas S2G Boa right now because they seem to have a good fit and I want spikeless. I’ve been spikeless for a while now. I tried on spiked shoes and they felt awful.

I have 2 pairs of Footjoy Flex XP, and they are great but the waterproofing isn’t great, so I need something else for those dewey morning.

1 Like

They don’t make my size… thought this was interesting and they seem to be waterproof…

1 Like

Just took the plunge and ordered 2 pairs of True Linkswear shoes. Got the OG in white/grey and the OG Feel in Black/Grey. Decided to spend a little more and make sure I’m getting quality shoes. The reviews seem really good and the people I know who have them thing they’re great. And with the 30 day like it or return it guarantee, it seems like I can’t go wrong. Will report back.

3 Likes

I’ve used a number of waterproof golf shoes over the years, and I agree that if you otherwise like the look and comfort of a pair of shoes, the waterproofing is generally solid.

Some years ago, I decided to add these to my arsenal–Rocky Gore-Tex Socks–they make any golf shoe waterproof. I used them once on a really wet day at Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland and although my shoes were soaked by the end of the round, my feet were completely dry. Like a lot of Gore-Tex things, though, I don’t really recommend them once the temperature gets much above 75. Gore-Tex is breathable, but for me, it still retains an awful lot of body heat.

1 Like

I just bought my first pair of golf shoes this past Sunday. I ended up getting spikeless as I’ve heard the soft spikes can be uncomfortable.

I played a round in them on Monday and stepped in mud, standing water, etc. and my feet were dry the entire time. The traction was/is great too.

My feet started to get sore towards the end, but I assume they need to break in a little. I could probably wear slightly thicker socks too.

They fit great out of the box. The only disappointing thing so far is that I got them dirty/muddy so fast.

This is the model and color way I got:

1 Like

Just walked my first 9 holes with the True Linkswear OG Feel. At this point I believe I will only buy True shoes from now on. So comfortable.

3 Likes

hard to beat these for the price ($80). have had them for a few years and time for a new pair, comfortable and waterproof. not sure if i’ll get something different this time to try but certainly will consider another pair (note - looks like not much inventory at the moment based on available sizes)

https://www.decathlon.com/collections/all-golf-shoes/products/mens-golf-shoes-waterproof-grip?

3 Likes

They don’t sell a 14 4e… sad face.

I’m in the market for new golf shoes. Stability and traction are super important to me as I have a pretty aggressive swing, so I always have to buy spiked. I’ve worn Adidas Tour360s from 2018 the last 2-3 seasons and they’re the best golf shoes I’ve ever had. ECCOs I got in high school are a close second. The new Adidas 360XTs don’t seem to fit my wide feet as well as the older ones, which is a huge bummer. Has anyone with wide feet had a chance to try on the ZG21s? I can’t find them anywhere here to try on.

1 Like

They don’t have spikes, but if you want wide you have to check out True Linkswear. Skechers also does good things for wide feet.

1 Like

I have a pair of True Linkswear shoes and while they’re super comfy I find they slip all over the place.

Best options for wide feet are FootJoy and New Balance…

Addidas actually makes some shoes I can shove my sasquatch like feet into… with True Links, I had to go up to a size 15… they fit great in the toe box, but they are a little long!

1 Like

I’m always on the lookout for golf shoes with a wide toe box. If could get Keen to make a golf shoe, I would be set!

2 Likes

Hoping our pro shop gets some stuff in soon. I walked 18 last weekend and it felt like I may have worn out some of the padding in my Nikes…or maybe just because I’ve gained weight. I didn’t get that tired, but my feet were pretty sore. I’d like to go spikeless again, but I feel like I need the extra grip from Softspikes. The only spikeless I felt had enough grip were the Nike Lunar Control Vapor, but those are discontinued.

1 Like

Some areas are so muddy and soggy, there are no so many options but play in waterproof footwear.

1 Like

So… I’ve bought some shoes… I wear a 13 4e, so my purchases are focused on fit first…

Footjoy flex fit… these are a little weird… fit is great, I don’t love the lacing and how they tighten. Definitely not waterproof. Very comfortable for golf when it’s dry.

Sketchers BOA: waterproof. Pretty comfortable! The BOA is ok, but I’m still getting used to it… they were also $100.

Footjoy traditions: just got these and really like them… fit and comfort is great. 1 year waterproof warranty… only problem is they are VERY white and that’s the only option in my size… I bought new socks because my white calf socks with bright white shoes looks terrible… probably should have just combined the sock budget with the shoe budget and gotten an expensive pair of footjoy… oh well. For a $130 they are very comfortable and I’m hoping will work for me long term.

1 Like

I like the Boa system on golf shoes, but not many models have it and the ones that do are usually pretty expensive.

My feet are more on the narrow side and I think the Boa lacing molds the shoe around my foot better. I usually re-tie my shoes a couple of times on the front 9 before my feet expand enough from walking lol.

2 Likes

There are a lot of options of waterproof nursing shoes I’ve been searching recently, but this site is kinda one of the best, because it has all the necessary information about each model of shoes and explain pros and cons of each option. Wanna get some pairs for fitting. Does anybody wear nursing shoes already? Any recommendations?