Waterproof Shoes

Just walked my first 9 holes with the True Linkswear OG Feel. At this point I believe I will only buy True shoes from now on. So comfortable.

3 Likes

hard to beat these for the price ($80). have had them for a few years and time for a new pair, comfortable and waterproof. not sure if iā€™ll get something different this time to try but certainly will consider another pair (note - looks like not much inventory at the moment based on available sizes)

https://www.decathlon.com/collections/all-golf-shoes/products/mens-golf-shoes-waterproof-grip?

3 Likes

They donā€™t sell a 14 4eā€¦ sad face.

Iā€™m in the market for new golf shoes. Stability and traction are super important to me as I have a pretty aggressive swing, so I always have to buy spiked. Iā€™ve worn Adidas Tour360s from 2018 the last 2-3 seasons and theyā€™re the best golf shoes Iā€™ve ever had. ECCOs I got in high school are a close second. The new Adidas 360XTs donā€™t seem to fit my wide feet as well as the older ones, which is a huge bummer. Has anyone with wide feet had a chance to try on the ZG21s? I canā€™t find them anywhere here to try on.

1 Like

They donā€™t have spikes, but if you want wide you have to check out True Linkswear. Skechers also does good things for wide feet.

1 Like

I have a pair of True Linkswear shoes and while theyā€™re super comfy I find they slip all over the place.

Best options for wide feet are FootJoy and New Balanceā€¦

Addidas actually makes some shoes I can shove my sasquatch like feet intoā€¦ with True Links, I had to go up to a size 15ā€¦ they fit great in the toe box, but they are a little long!

1 Like

Iā€™m always on the lookout for golf shoes with a wide toe box. If could get Keen to make a golf shoe, I would be set!

2 Likes

Hoping our pro shop gets some stuff in soon. I walked 18 last weekend and it felt like I may have worn out some of the padding in my Nikesā€¦or maybe just because Iā€™ve gained weight. I didnā€™t get that tired, but my feet were pretty sore. Iā€™d like to go spikeless again, but I feel like I need the extra grip from Softspikes. The only spikeless I felt had enough grip were the Nike Lunar Control Vapor, but those are discontinued.

1 Like

Some areas are so muddy and soggy, there are no so many options but play in waterproof footwear.

1 Like

Soā€¦ Iā€™ve bought some shoesā€¦ I wear a 13 4e, so my purchases are focused on fit firstā€¦

Footjoy flex fitā€¦ these are a little weirdā€¦ fit is great, I donā€™t love the lacing and how they tighten. Definitely not waterproof. Very comfortable for golf when itā€™s dry.

Sketchers BOA: waterproof. Pretty comfortable! The BOA is ok, but Iā€™m still getting used to itā€¦ they were also $100.

Footjoy traditions: just got these and really like themā€¦ fit and comfort is great. 1 year waterproof warrantyā€¦ only problem is they are VERY white and thatā€™s the only option in my sizeā€¦ I bought new socks because my white calf socks with bright white shoes looks terribleā€¦ probably should have just combined the sock budget with the shoe budget and gotten an expensive pair of footjoyā€¦ oh well. For a $130 they are very comfortable and Iā€™m hoping will work for me long term.

1 Like

I like the Boa system on golf shoes, but not many models have it and the ones that do are usually pretty expensive.

My feet are more on the narrow side and I think the Boa lacing molds the shoe around my foot better. I usually re-tie my shoes a couple of times on the front 9 before my feet expand enough from walking lol.

2 Likes

There are a lot of options of waterproof nursing shoes Iā€™ve been searching recently, but this site is kinda one of the best, because it has all the necessary information about each model of shoes and explain pros and cons of each option. Wanna get some pairs for fitting. Does anybody wear nursing shoes already? Any recommendations?

Love boa as well. Seems to wear out after couple years for me.

1 Like

I bought my 1st pair of BOA shoes this year. One of the laces broke about 2 months in, so I sent them in for replacement. Now one of the shoes will not release the laces, so it is always tight. Very disappointing as I always wanted to try them, but couldnā€™t get myself to pony up for the price in the past.

2 Likes

As the title suggested, ā€œWater Proofā€ !, do not get water resistant golf shoes.
there are not a lot of true water proof golf shoes on the market, most the so called "water proof " or ā€œwater resistantā€ golf shoes will leak moisture after being exposed to moisture for more than a few minutes.

https://www.footjoy.com/men/golf-shoes/winter-golf-boots/56724+M090.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA5t-OBhByEiwAhR-hmxCPAgDAbOZh4nTkPRunsoVpwNceNXO_XJLTJhOWyDM5U7p9qAj76hoCm8oQAvD_BwE

If itā€™s so wet out that I need those, Iā€™m staying home! But I bet they do keep you dry.

The Footjoy Winter Boots are my first choice , good styling and water proof.
I would not golf if needing the Oregon Mudders, Others told me ( I do not own a pair ) It is also very warm.

The reason for needing a boot like pair of golf shoes is, many spots on the golf course will look dry enough before one steps on the turf and then the water will come up 1/4"-1/2" covering the seem of the shoes. That is the weak spot of all shoes because it flexes at the point.
I had tried changing into spare socks and shoes after Winter rounds, all the so called water proof golf shoes ( no matter what the price point ), all will start seeping water after a season or two.
Had returned under the warranty several times.
A pair of Footjoy boots will look fine If youā€™re going to golf during the wet condition, Winter or Spring, or any other days with wet turf.

Iā€™d avoid anything waterproofā€¦ even clothing, Iā€™m a believer in ā€œlet it breath manā€
Shoes, well they gather sweat and that needs to go somewhere, add in wet conditions and itā€™s bad enough with normal runners trying to vent never mind let in water.
Donā€™t buy the ON Cloud venture waterproof ones, theyā€™re shit. I gave my pair to my BiL the farmer to wear around the farmā€¦ Ā£130 wasted.