UK - we’re back on it (not yet...HOLD, HOLD...)!

Lockdown is over! Back at the range tonight with 4 layers on due to 4deg C (36F?). The flash here is my orange tee (all range tees removed due to COVID which is a complete pain). Pung right back next to my phone. Took me ages to find it.

Out again tomorrow. First round for about 5 weeks. Forecast 1degC! :cold_face: image

5 Likes

Looking good, enjoy!!

We’ve had our courses locked down again since December here in Germany. Which of course is completely bonkers, as there were only 2 ppl per hole allowed anyways, and I don’t think 36 humans scattered over some 200 acres are drivers of the pandemic. It’s just another headscratcher by the government :rage:

They’ve gone as far as to prohibit cross country skiing now… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Aaaand back into Lockdown we go!

I still don’t quite understand how we can go for a walk and exercise outside with one other person (perhaps on a golf course) but not if we take a bag of clubs with us…Scotland still allowed 2 balls??

Oh well gives me chance to work on my putting with my new PuttOut and some chipping in the garden. At least by the time we’re allowed back out the days will be longer again and hopefully the weather will have picked up!

1 Like

UK lockdown3 - the pandemic bites back. Just got my Perfect Practice putting mat set up in my home office…

Seriously though, we’re so grateful here to thus far avoid catching the virus. Many have not been so lucky.

2 Likes

Still waiting for formal confirmation but looks like golf is off the cards in England until mid February (can still play 2 balls in Scotland). Damn, why did I move south :laughing::black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On the positive notes about lock down ban on golf:

1. Weather is pretty fowl, most courses would be struggling with water/mud and NO run at all.
  2. Come March (cant see us being back before March 10th in England and Wales) the courses will be in great condition
  3. more time to browse websites buying things I don’t really need.

Anyone add anything?

2 Likes

Funny you should say that Andy. Local courses round here in Herts would be a mudbath at best with unplayable levels of standing water. It hasn’t rained this much for years.

I’m undergoing some fundamental technical changes with a new coach (via Zoom etc - I’m pleasantly surprised how well its working). I have finally (?) learned how hard it is to make a technical change and how long it takes to overcome ingrained motor patterns. The lockdown is providing the perfect opportunity to get on track with a durable change while not being distracted by the lure of playing actual golf. Plus, the sheer length of our lockdown means I can go about this technical change taking as much time as I need with no pressure for the outlay of time or cost to deliver results quickly.

On the mental health side, weekly calls with a coach and having drills to work on is really helping my personal motivation.

Overall I am really optimistic for 2021 and looking forward to when I can start hitting balls.

1 Like

Good to hear, I’m just over the Herts border in Bucks and the nearest course to me is underwater this time of year in dry years, would be mostly unplayable now!

As I wont be having a main holiday I am building a shortlist of courses that I will take days off to go and play through the year and like you am quite optimistic for the year…

1 Like

That’s a great idea. I’d be happy to play any courses other than Chesfield Downs. We’ve pretty much ruled out any family holidays this year (have you checked the prices for a cottage in Cornwall in the summer? Mental!).

Yes, its borderline profiteering!! Been debating buying one and getting on the ‘staycation’ band wagon. If I do I will offer a discount for Practical Golf users!!!

2 Likes

29 March!!! 3 months locked away from golf in England but the end is in sight. Gonna be back on it, ripping it with my new swing in just under 5 weeks :grin:

1 Like

I’m taking the day off…may need to stock up on balls as my swing and I are now only loose acquaintances!!

1 Like

I’m booking the whole week off! I predict the tee booking system will be crashed or abused for the Easter weekend under the demand and I need my golf fix, big time. :grin:

1 Like

Good luck! Hoping you guys get to play some actual golf.

2 Likes

I’ll be booking a couple of tee times for the week back (my club are limiting members to 2 rounds a week initially to cope with demand) but will be hitting the range and putting greens hard too! Can’t wait to find out that the work on my swing hasn’t gone as well as i thought it would! :smirk:

1 Like

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

First thing I’m gonna do 29 March is stripe one down the middle of the fairway! At least that’s how I visualise it. Never visualise a snap hook into the deep rough…

1 Like

Its already dragging until G-Day!

Only 4 weeks today Andy! In my mind I’m already setting a new course record :laughing: