UK - we’re back on it (not yet...HOLD, HOLD...)!

I may well set a new course record John, but an unwanted one!

Can’t come soon enough…smashed the living room lights last night practicing and the missus is pissed at me! :confounded:

1 Like

20 sleeps to golf :golfing_man: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Seems a bit unreasonable of her… :rofl: :rofl:

It better hurry up, in the time since the restart date was announced I have bought a Shotscope V3 and now a SIM2 Max Hybrid. I may be bankrupt before I get to play again.

Anyone else on a shopping spree?

14 sleeps to golf :laughing::laughing::laughing: Thats a lot of time to be browsing Clubhouse Golf for special deals!

1 Like

Alright, who’s got a tee time booked for next Monday! Me :laughing:. We’re all sat at the table having family dinner. A klaxon goes off other side of the room; my phone alarm signalling the booking sheet is open for the first time since 4 January. OMG I was like a kid at Christmas. The site was struggling with the load but managed to get a slot after a few minutes.

1 Like

Have fun out there! Hopefully the round isn’t too slow.

Monday 29th. I can book tonight at 7pm.
I have 3 alarms set. I’ve organised our swindle, I’m getting messages left, right and centre, can not wait.
We have to book the first two weeks due to likely demand, roll on roll up! This is stressful. At least my garden will get a rest🏌️‍♂️👍

1 Like

Range booked for Monday with 18 on Tuesday at my home course. Hoping to also sneak in 18 on Friday and Sunday if we can get a slot anywhere. Either way i’m more excited than a kid at Christmas and i’m not sure i’ll get much sleep on Sunday or Monday night!

3 Likes

Sooo…first range session in 3 months out of the way and i now want Boris to put us back into Lockdown so that i don’t have to play tomorrow! I took a visit to Shankstown and i can’t work out for the life of me what was going on? If i wasn’t firing hozel rockets then i was pulling the ball way left and i’m now dreading tomorrows round!

1 Like

You’ll get it sorted out…

I was in heaven today. Lockdown virtual coaching has transferred well to the range then course. Got 12 holes in this afternoon. Mostly bogeys and double bogeys but I set out with low expectations deliberately. And I was not disappointed. Walking down the 7th, in the sun, with my mate drinking a low alcohol beer. Utter bliss.

2 Likes

Man it was good to be back…Not the greatest display of ball striking, back nine was better than the front and mt putting saved me (30 puts and no 3 puts) so my home office carpet must have the same stimp meter reading as these greens!! I avoided going to the range so first shot was off the first tee, found the fairway, ball apexed about 10ft I think!!! Friday next…

2 Likes

It was so good to be back on the course yesterday and the beautiful weather just made it even better. Less talk about the golf…lets just say i’ve never played worse and could barely hit the ball for the first 13 holes! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Apparently the average score nationally was 5 over handicap, so for that to be an average I guess a lot of people had a fair amount of ‘rust’!

2 Likes