The Practical Golf Masters Pool is Live!

I’m excited to announce the first Practical Golf Masters Pool! This is your chance to draft a team of six golfers and compete against fellow readers for a chance to win thousands of dollars in prizes. Did I mention that it was free to enter??

You can learn more by visiting this page. Good luck!

4 Likes

I’m sure I’ll flop pretty hard but always fun to try!

Feel like the site needs to do some updating of the headshots used for players. DJ’s looks like high school

2 Likes

Oh masters pools… I’m in like 5 at this point?

1 Like

I am excited for this woot!

2 Likes

Is this open to anybody or just PG forum members?

1 Like

it’s open to anybody!

1 Like

I shared it with a number of people… hopefully it drives some traffic.

2 Likes

This should be a fun competition, thank you @jon for putting this together and good luck everyone!

1 Like

I’m in! Thanks @jon :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’ve got my picks in. My apologies to the guys I’ve picked as they will probably miss the cut!

3 Likes

All 5 of my picks that have started are over par. Not off to a great start.

1 Like

maybe this can be general masters thread as well

@ScottFawcettDECADE rooting for your guy Zalatoris… he walked by me at Dell match play and all I can say is please tell that kid to eat a sandwich

1 Like

I think he’s gained like 20 pounds recently… if you haven’t listened to him on Scott’s podcast, it’s a great listen.

They don’t make any seinfeld references or go off on wild tangents, but it was still really entertaining!

1 Like

jeez… i have no idea how in the world he could be 20 lbs lighter than the guy I saw 2 weeks ago!

1 Like

Yeah, they actually talked about his stamina and how adding weight had improved it.

He’s an interesting guy, it was fun to listen to… It’s also just an interesting story… He was a member at the same club as Scott, and Scott ended up caddying for him at the Jr Texas Open because Scott was injured (if I remember things correctly)… and they used the nascent DECADE strategy.

Will was 300th or so in the amateur rankings and ended up winning the tournament…

Scott is more a friend and mentor now than a coach, per the podcast, but it was fun to listen to them talk about working together.

He was 3,300 in the junior rankings and he won the Texas Am and US Junior with me looping. I gad already created the decade math and he was the test case. Worked out alright for both of us!

1 Like

Awesome! Hope he’s eating some sandwiches at Augusta.

The two plus two threads are A+ content

1 Like

After round 1 I have 3 guys that are in it and 3 that are out. Hopefully my bottom 3 have a good Friday and make the cut.

1 Like