The Four Foundations of Golf

Just to start the certain ongoing discussion regarding our patriarch’s new book. My copy is on the way so will be adding to this as I get through it.

Congratulations @jon Huge accomplishment!! Can’t wait to dive in and after reading on twitter all the support you have received from many well regarded people in the industry it is sure to be an ace.

5 Likes

Ordered!! Looking forward to going through it :+1:

Ordered a second copy for a friend who really really needs this … hope he sits down with it and gives it some consideration :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Already ordered also.

1 Like

I have to wait. Amazon says the book is out of stock

1 Like

Well that sucks but is great for Jon.

2 Likes

ya know…ebook is available. I will enjoy the read, its 400 + pages…so alot to sift through. I always hope when I read any golf book I come out wondering why the author didn’t have a secondary title… Like The Four Foundations of Golf or (Why You Suck Hitting A 2 Iron) :rofl:

1 Like

What’s[quote=“MJTortella, post:6, topic:2642”]
(Why You Suck Hitting A 2 Iron) :rofl:
[/quote]

What’s a 2 iron?
:crazy_face::crazy_face::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I was being sarcastic! BUT, the point is I still suck, no matter what I read. I have an amazing handle on The Modern Fundamentals by Hogan. It did not make me Mr. Hogan! I still can’t stripe it like him. So I learn to accept my flaws and have fun. :+1:

1 Like

It’s here! Looks really comprehensive!

:tada: Congrats :partying_face: @jon on getting this compiled and published!!! It’s very clear a LOTTA hard work went into this … and I am going to enjoy every page :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve ordered a copy. (How could I not? As gracious a host as Jon has been for us…)

Eager to compare it and “The Practice Manual.”

1 Like

I just got mine and started it.

1 Like

Am I the only one that ordered both a hard copy and a kindle version?

1 Like

Here’s a preview of Page 1 of Part 1, “Managing Expectations” …

…oh yeah this speaks to me…!!!

Really looking forward to digging through this section…

3 Likes

If golfers can understand and take to heart the first section their enjoyment should go nowhere but up!

2 Likes

Ordered the electronic version for Kindle. I’m about halfway through the book and it’s very good to this point. My compliments to Jon for a very good :+1: job!

3 Likes

Wow! You’re a fast reader!
I’m not … still slogging thru the first ¼… :man_shrugging: …but also really enjoying it!

1 Like

Congratulation on your effort putting your personal experience and understanding of this game in a written, organized form.
A rare and refreshing sight, as most of the golf publishing were written by none- golfers.

1 Like

The one thing I don’t like about eBooks is that the graphics/pictures are usually too small to read on my kindle. Does this book have any/many graphics?

2 Likes

I am about 8 chapters in and there is a graphic of make rates throughout the day on tour. It’s pretty much unreadable in the book.

2 Likes

Just got the paperback in! I appreciate the way you started the book Jon.

My enjoyment of the game has suffered the better I have gotten (seems like it would be the opposite) because of unrealistic expectations and just not knowing that golf will just be that way. I played a tournament awhile back and shot a 90 the first day. I have only been playing for 4+ years and I literally could not remember the last time I shot a 90. I was disgusted! The next day I shot a 78 with a triple bogey on #18. Holes 8-12 I had 4 birdies in 5 holes! Ended up 3rd place.

Golf will drive you crazy if you let it and my first order of business is to NOT LET IT do that to me. Just knowing this aspect of this wonderful game can shift the fun factor in a more positive direction.

Thanks for writing the book Jon!

1 Like