SuperSpeed Training Sticks

That’s not uncommon to see. Often club fitting needs to be looked at when adding more speed as it changes how the shaft works and how the ball spins.

Also, many golfers find success practicing swings on the range with driver and no ball using the prgr launch monitor to start to break through that block of being able to transfer the speed to the course.

1 Like

Just finished my Level 3 Week 2 training session, with an overall average of 92 MPH, vs 81 MPH in April. It should be noted I took a 4 week break after Level 2 due to lower back pain from a deck building project. Still, not bad for a 72 year old with a two year old reverse shoulder replacement. When I started hitting balls in May 2019, after graduating from therapy, the Fitting Guy clocked me at 75 MPH.

5 Likes

This is absolutely awesome! You should be proud of your work! :sunglasses:

Huge thanks to @SuperSpeedGolf for putting on the Webinar for the Practical Golf community! Definitely encouraged me to restart from protocol 1. This time I purchased the PRGR launch monitor as well to give me an actual metric for making sure I am swinging faster, and not just swinging harder. I’m definitely excited!

Thanks, I just wish I did not have to take the September break. But, I did manage to clear a fairway bunker yesterday, that everyone else shot around.

1 Like

My first week in protocol 1 with the PRGR launch monitor has been a success. My measured driver CHS on day one prior to completing the protocol was 107.51 with a max of 112.74. After just three sessions of protocol 1 I have been able to get the driver up to 121.83 mph with my cruising speed while hitting a ball sitting around 114 mph. I was also able to exceed 170 mph ball speed for the first time ever.

2 Likes

That’s great! Congrats on the progress

Wow that’s a pretty quick ramp up, nice!

1 Like

I’m thinking that the ramp up I have seen so far has been to me swinging timidly in the past in efforts to control the ball. But that wasn’t really working for me anyway. ha

1 Like

I think a lot of golfers might see those kinds of changes. We often have been taught to swing slow/controlled to gain accuracy - and it’s really not helping most players do that.

1 Like

Right on Jon. Also, because I am not trying to kill it, my avg dispersion has shrunk while swing speed has increased. I have a par five on my home course with a very wide fairway. If I am hitting well, I often try to kill it, with varying results in length but a much wider dispersion.

I think the most reasonable goal with any speed training is to make your normal swing faster without feeling like you are trying harder. But I do think a lot of golfers have some room to “go at it harder” with their current swings.

1 Like

Well said. Finding the balance is key

1 Like

Do you guys think super speed training is for everyone? I ask because I don’t struggle with speed, I struggle with contact and dispersion. In fact, my goal right now is to groove a swing where I’m not releasing my hands as much through impact in order to keep the club face square through impact longer by turning more with my body. I also struggle with early extension and getting to my left side. Part of me worries that training super speed will encourage more wrist release and early extension through impact, and I definitely don’t want that. But another part of me thinks I should still try to make this new swing as fast as possible and that more speed is always a good thing, as long as the mechanics are sound. Thoughts?

I’d say more speed can’t hurt you and you can always ratchet up/down. Really it’s a feel thing - superspeed is increasing your swing speed though unless you’re consciously trying to swing harder then you shouldn’t “feel” like you’re swinging harder, but you will be.

1 Like

Are they for everyone? Sure… anyone can add speed and it will add distance.

Are they the best use of your resources (time and money)? Maybe. I find, to a certain extent, the harder I swing the less time I have to make mistakes… if I start my swing correctly, my body has less time to get out of plane. Basically, a harder swing that’s still under control is a better swing for me.

On the other hand, I’m already at 112+ chs… I don’t really need to get rid of a regulator… it’s gone, I killed it. The kinematic sequence and over speed training help me to a certain extent, but my focus is on other things (mainly building fast twitch muscles in the gym).

With enough time, it would be great to do it all… with limited time, it might be better to improve contact and angle of attack… if you can do that and work on club head speed at the same time, it would be ideal.

Ultimately, I think for amateur golfers, we need to focus on what we have the time and interest to work on… if you will put in the time to use speed sticks, get them… if you’ll put the time in to improve contact, do that. Or just build a good gym routine around building speed and do that!

1 Like

@craigers @openfacelefty @devonpetersen I would say that SuperSpeed Training is especially helpful and worth the time/money as a consistent training regimen due to its low time commitment (3 days per week x 6-10 min per day) coupled with it not only helping you get faster but also helping you with a more efficient body movement as @Craigers referenced the improvement in Kinematic Sequencing. Also you don’t have to hit balls to do the protocols which is a huge win for me as our ranges close when whether is wet or the range is under snow cover.

2 Likes

Don’t disagree at all - I use it!

I looked at the website and videos today…the stretches/warm-up would take an hour…lol…for 10 minutes of work :slight_smile:. I plan on starting Protocol 1 this week.

The dynamic warmup is about 7-10 min it def doesn’t take that long :joy:

2 Likes