Shot Scope V3 GPS Watch

I never had the V2 but I can’t imagine any more stats than you get with the V3. I’m very impressed with the visuals. Now, I just need to figure how how best to use them to improve my game.

1 Like

I wore my V3 on my left wrist today (I am left-handed) and it picked up all of the clubs just fine. This makes me really happy as I did not like wearing it on my glove hand.

My only complaint about the V3 is that the band comes loose with about every shot and I have to push it back in. Does anyone else have this problem? I have wondered if I need a new band or if they just don’t snap together very well.

I haven’t had that problem. Maybe you got a defective band.

Does yours lock into the band when you push the tab into the hole in the band? on mine, the tab goes into the hole but doesn’t seem to lock into place.

Yes it locks in, unless I make it too tight then it’s as if my arm pushes it out of the lock.

I will try wearing it a little looser

1 Like

It looks like Shot Scope may be having some production issues, which isn’t unusual this year with products made in China. I went to their site to try to buy a new band and they are not available. I noticed that they are currently sold out of all V3s and don’t list a date when they will be available again. That’s too bad. For most new products you only get one chance to make the product a hit.

They had a huge launch with their V3 (better than expected) so like tons of other products right now - they are back ordered. The supply chain issues and the unusual demand for golf products this year has been a major problem.

@Wasa - I have a ‘workaround’ for the V3 strap coming loose. Picked this tip up from the UK Shotscope user group on Facebook (BTW I don’t advocate that group - 80%+ is pure negativity).

I bought a little PVC rubber retaining loop from eBay. 26mm. Cost me £3 for 2. You slip the strap end under this. Similar to a normal watch, say with a leather strap. Search for one or more of these keywords “Black Rubber PVC Watch Strap Keeper Retainer Holder”
watch strap retainer

2 Likes

Thanks very much John. I will order one right away even though I don’t yet understand what it does. If I can’t figure it out, I’ll message you. Much appreciated.

And I agree with you observation about most Facebook groups. I try to stay off of them and only post in private forums like this one.

2 Likes

Cant see it as a huge issue, If I bump out the trees or whatever, then I make it during the post round edit, it doesn’t take much time to do. Not sure how V3 tells if a shot is positional due to lie or obstruction or just me duffing it!!

should add I’m keen to know as have had the V2 for 2 and half years and may upgrade to V3 this year, so anything that helps sell it to me is well received!!

FWIW I’ve found the V3 to be a worthy upgrade purely from the hardware point of view. I much prefer using it compared to V2.

The V3 is like a normal watch whereas V2 is like a brick.
Watch is smaller while the useable screen is bigger.
Battery lasts twice as long while it charges in less than half the time.
Charging is better. Moves away from the fiddly micro USB to a much easier to use clamp system.

However I recommend the strap hack that I posted above. The new strap comes loose too easily.

3 Likes

Sold! Thanks. I don’t find the V2 that cumbersome, but is difficult when wearing waterproof jackets with tight sleeves. The battery seems to be running low more quickly now though.

Debating going for a Shot Scope V3. I’ve had a Garmin S20 for a while now and it’s been a bit disappointing. I had to ditch my old Bushnell Neo X because the battery couldn’t always make it through a round, but it worked better than the Garmin otherwise. The Garmin takes so long to find my home course I forget it’s searching and then it shuts off. Sometimes it just shuts off for no reason. I have to be careful with it on certain holes as it will read high. I like the ease of just glancing at a watch for middle of the green yardage, but some extra features and better performance would be nice.

1 Like

I would highly recommend the V3 if its even just as good as the V2, let alone better, as it seems to be.

It rarely now misses a shot (did at first but seems to have adapted to me and my golf!) gives useful stats (and some that are maybe less useful). Only point that does seem a little off is the accuracy of the GPS on the green. It doesn’t always realise you are on the green or sometimes thinks you are when you are just off. I am told the V3 is more accurate as its uses two GPS antenna so this may be better.

For a GPS system that gives pretty accurate distances to the green and hazards from wherever you are stood and a detailed and easy shot tracking and performance tracking system its really well priced too.

2 Likes

I suggest contact product support, as I’m sure they have a solution for left handed golfers. They’ve been very responsive to my needs.

2 Likes

For my fellow Shot Scope V3 users, they just launched strokes gained to the firmware. Super exciting.

1 Like

I’m about to send out an email on this, but we’re running a pre-season special with Shot Scope to get their V3 for $179.99. If you’re interested in taking advantage of the strokes gained features that will roll out throughout the season you can start tracking your stats now.

Most people I’ve interacted with who have used their system are very happy with it. I think one of the main benefits is that they do not charge a yearly fee to access their stats portal.

2 Likes