Shot Scope V3 GPS Watch

So, I’ve played two rounds with my new Shot Scope V3 and am really enjoying seeing my statistics after I play. To get a high quality GPS Watch plus 16 club tags for around $200 is the best bargain I’ve found. I was about to get the Garmin S62, but with the club tags it would have cost over $650. Anyone else tried the Shot Scope V3?

3 Likes

Yes. I had the V2 and updated to the smaller V3. I enjoy the data, also. However, I’ve had the V3 freeze on me mid-round twice now. It’s no big deal but don’t like to lose those holes’ data. Anyone else experience this?

Did you do the most recent firmware update?

For those who are interested here is my review of Shot Scope V3. I think for the features it’s the best overall value for what you get

2 Likes

I’m not sure. I will look into this. What did the update do?

Not sure what it did exactly but there were glitches so the firmware fixed them. That may be why you’re having the problem. I haven’t experienced it.

1 Like

Jon, your review was what convinced me to get my V3. The only thing I don’t like about it so far is having to wear it on my right wrist (I golf left-handed). It makes no sense to me that those two inches from the club trackers can make that much difference in performance. I may try wearing it on my left wrist to see how much it affects the club tracking.

I had a V2 that I was, unfortunately, not entirely satisfied with… That said, I’ve heard and read that V3 is a major improvement and a worthwhile upgrade.

Oh, forgot to mention -
One of the things that annoyed me with the V2 that is apparently fixed in V3 is a “Positional” shot … V2 considered everything after the tee shot to be an approach shot, regardless of distance to the hole, distance off the fairway (or behind a tree), Par 5, whatever … You had to manually edit and mark all those non-approach shots post-round.

1 Like

I upgraded from V2 to V3 this summer (got a decent amount selling my V2 on eBay as well!). Love the stats, especially checking the distance when I flush a wind-assisted drive :grin: (BTW this was on my second round with a new driver that I got fitted for. I freely and totally endorse that fitting centre)

3 Likes

I might not be correct, but I believe it has to do with the lead wrist sensing impact from the club. If it was on your trail wrist it might not sense a shot. Garmin watches do a similar thing to sense when you’ve made impact with the ball.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of that. The product literature just mentions proximity.

As I said I could be wrong - you can test it out on your trail wrist and see what happens. It could be a proximity issue.

I was going to get one but the shipping was over 8 weeks so I decided to wait and keep checking info and reviews. Looks like it will be on the Christmas wish list this year.

2 Likes

I was fortunate to win a V3 from Jon (many thanks for that again!) And have to say I love it. The first watch I received was faulty and wouldn’t give me any yardages though I could and did still track my shots but Shot Scope very quickly sent me a replacement which works great. It does take a bit of time to remember to use the pin collect feature and to edit your round but the data received has been really useful and I’m looking forward to this helping me to drop a few shots.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing and congrats again on the win!

I will give it a try and report back.

I have used the V3 for about 8 rounds and I am on the fence about its merits. It’s definitely easy to use and has a “pin collect” feature that makes logging putts very easy.

So far, I find the “strokes to finish” stat quite helpful, because some clubs somehow result in better finishes even though I don’t think I hit them better. Different from what I would expect…

2 Likes

I think the more you use it, the more benefit you will receive. When I’ve used various stat-tracking systems once you get to about 15-20 rounds you’re really starting to get a good sense of your tendencies and where you can either make strategic adjustments, or where you need to spend some of your practice time.

1 Like

I’ve read V3 also enhanced the stats presentations; I actually found the data charts in V2 somewhat limiting - especially for putting … just wasn’t quite whati was really looking for to help me

That said, I may revisit Shot Scope in the future!