RMT Club And Weck Method

Is anyone familiar with the RMT Club from Weck Method (https://shop.weckmethod.com/)? Any impressions?

1 Like

I’ve seen it and am interested… I asked in another thread about it but didn’t get any feedback… I’ll look around some more and see if I can find anything.

Ok, a quick search shows no details on golfwrx and google basically only gave me ads…

To me, it seems like a training aid that has tons of cross sport use and they just added “golf” as a sport to use it for.

It seems like it could be a could tool to build strength, but I imagine medicine ball throws or band exercises can get you the same benefits.

I’m happy to test it though, if they want to send me one!

Thanks @Craigers. That makes sense. I am looking for a good tool to help with tempo. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi David
Have a look at another thread on tempo:

Got some useful stuff on there. Personally I use an Orange Whip type thing (basically a cheap alternative) and Tour Tempo tones.

3 Likes

Weck definitely seems to be strength and flexibility not tempo.

Orange whip has been around forever, and for good reason. It works!

I have an s62 watch… probably not worth the $500 for only tempo, but for me it’s a daily smart watch, tracks golf stats and has golf gps.

1 Like

Orange Whip and less likely to tear your arms off in my quick look at the RMT. which might secretly be code for needing a Registered Massage Therapist after using :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I have it. I like it, but it’s a tool. It is a weighted club with some kind of pellets (bbs?) in it that shift as you swing it. I think it’s great for mobility, shoulder work. But–I have an indian club made out of steel that I like as well. And, and indian club I made by taking a child’s whiffle bat, filling it with sand, sealing it with putty and tape, and cost me like 2 bucks. There are differences, but unless you are working with a trainer that specializes in Weck stuff, you may not realize them. Weck is however an original thinker, and some of his stuff is really interesting. The rope he sells is pretty interesting and fun to use, nd may be more useful than the club. He of course also invented the bosu ball. You can find a crap ton of golf training videos for the RMT club.

1 Like