Merry Christmas

Happy Hanukkah, Habari Gani Kwanza, Cheery Festivus, Happy Holidays etc., etc. or enjoy whatever it is you celebrate.

11 Likes

Same to you Spud and the rest of the Practical Golf forum family. I look forward to a healthy, productive and prosperous new year both in golf and in life. I wish the same for all of you. I’m glad to be a part of this community and have learned so much from all of you! @Craigers, @CoryO, and @jon, the knowledge you guys bring on a regular has been a gift that keeps on giving. Thank you all! Merry Christmas :christmas_tree::gift: Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year.

7 Likes

Haha, I’m nowhere near the knowledge level of others… I have a degree in philosophy (sorry mom) and too much time on my hands…

I hope I’m asking interesting questions and getting people to think, I’m certainly trying to challenge myself to improve my game through strategy and work to find ways to actually improve.

I think golfers in general have a very difficult time actually changing their approach and improving at golf. What I like about Jon and practical golf is its focus on actionable stuff… I think this community is fun because members here seem to be focused on actual improvement and are willing to have actual discussions about how to do that.

Hopefully everyone is getting some down time into the new year and has a wonderful holiday.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the contributions and look forward to continuing the conversation with everyone in 2021. Happy Holidays to all!!!

6 Likes

(Sorry mom) made me spit out my egg nog

1 Like

Im 39 and she’s still mad…

2 Likes

Merry Christmas from down under. Thinking about all you guys in the northern hemisphere where travel and xmas lunch/dinner is so dangerous. Stay safe. Played today and the only other people I saw on the course was a group of 3 from another club who had snuck on to the course.

5 Likes

At least we don’t have drop bears!

And to you and yours, everybody. Thanks so much for being here this year. Really looking forward to many future golf discussions and watching everybody get better and better.

Now show off your golf Christmas goodies!!

4 Likes

Merry Christmas and thanks for hosting us at this site!!!

1 Like

I hope you all had a great Christmas, and the New Year treats you well!

It’s been great to chat about ideas with people on this site. I hope we may meet one day for a Practical Golf Invitational, or just a fun round.

Now let’s get to Spring as fast as Winter came upon us!

2 Likes

No one tries to buy me golf stuff as a present because they know that really only I know what I want and that I’ll likely get it for myself if I really need it :wink:.
That said, I did get a couple of very nice Linksoul windbreakers for myself with my The Golfers Journal gift code and my short driver should come next week.

4 Likes

Open invitation for anyone to play a guest round at my club for anyone who comes to LA. I’ll just challenge them to walk/hike it with me!

5 Likes

I love every Christmas when No Laying Up does their worthless golf gifts thing on Twitter. Always a good laugh.
I usually tell people not to get me golf stuff because it usually falls in that category, but my wife and parents knocked it out of the park this year. Bushnell Wingman, SuperSpeed, couple of 3/4 zips, and $1400 worth of Club Champion gift cards for me to get fitted for irons this spring.
I don’t deserve them. Not even a little bit.

2 Likes

Nice!

@jon did you get your ember mug?

I totally forgot to update the ember mug!!! I did get it a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Usually I don’t splurge on things like this but I feel as though it’s solved a legit problem I have every morning because I sip on my coffee for about an hour at my desk. Plus I’m a bit of a gadget nerd and I think it’s just a very cool product design.

So long story short, yes it’s a ridiculous amount of $ to spend on a mug, but I am getting legitimate joy out of it :joy::smiley:

1 Like

Glad it works well for you! I hope it keeps for coffee warm for a long time.

I’m still headed to seemore for a putter fitting, and the cmb gap wedge head I bought finally arrived (I will have spent $100 building a used gap wedge… I’m not smart)…

Kids had a good Christmas, so that’s what’s most important!

Also finally got a pellet grill! Been cooking a ton on it and learning how to make it work for me… will definitely be upgrading eventually (spent $200 to try a small used one, it does not hold temperature well)

1 Like