Maybe it's just me

1 Like

I have enjoyed my interaction with fellow players on this site, and while some of the topics don’t interest me (and obviously some others of you), I have really been impressed with how respectful and cordial everyone is on this site.

4 Likes

thanks! I can’t take credit for the actual software but I’m glad how it’s performed so far

That’s a great way to summarize it, and certainly … fwiw … why I’m on here :golf::golfing_man:

4 Likes

Didn’t mean to offend, was just giving some “site feedback”. Of course we can all enjoy reading or not reading what we choose. Keep up the good work @jon.

That’s why I’m here too - how do I get better.

5 Likes

I don’t think you offended anyone! any feedback (positive or negative) is always appreciated.

1 Like

I didn’t realise how much I needed this forum. I clearly don’t know enough people to satisfy my need for detailed golf chat. Feels like a great little community. Thanks @jon :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Modern life is so full of friction and minor annoyances that when someone really nails something from a design perspective… it does something for me

Whoever coded this knew what they were doing!

3 Likes

It’s open-source so you can thank a community just like this one for getting it done!

1 Like

That’s really great to hear John. Glad you are enjoying the interaction with everyone (so am I)

1 Like

I have stopped going to my other golf sites. This is now my only golf forum. Thanks Jon.

5 Likes

Wow that’s a nice endorsement! Glad you’re having such a great time here

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. There is so much good stuff in here and the people are just wonderful. I feel like I can ask anything in a topic if it’s own and get really good answers, no smart a$$ comments. That’s a huge bonus for me, as I am trying to learn as much about golf as quickly as possible. I like to say I’m drinking from the fire hydrant, but would really like to be drinking from the garden hose. However, it takes time to get to that point so I’ll get all I can from this and chime in where I can to help others. I’m mostly learning though.

3 Likes

That’s why I’ve grown tired of twitter. There is always someone waiting to pounce on you! It’s great to see how helpful and positive everyone is being with one another here.

1 Like

maybe some smart a$$ comments :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea but at least yours are actually funny

2 Likes

I try to keep it 80% + positive. If I ever get out of line you just let me know.

1 Like

:joy::joy: you’re good. I’m sure all of us here have other sides of our personalities that we could share, but it would be an outright disaster if we did.

I’d just endlessly make obscure references to Step Brothers (start the fire!!!) and random things that would add 0 value.

2 Likes

I feel bad for people that try to use Twitter for anything really. People have no problem saying whatever they want from the protection of being behind their screens. It’s a pandemic in itself. I despise the social media’s and that’s one of my main reasons I refuse to use them and support it. I wonder what makes them think they have the right to -troll- I guess it’s called. I don’t partake. But if this is consider social media here in this forum then count me in. I come on here every day now and love it.

1 Like

It used to be so good for getting information faster than anywhere else. Now it’s just a cesspool of hate and snark.

3 Likes