Look πŸ‘€ what I saw during my round

Koala on the Mt Osmond course in South Australia. He is a regular visitor.

5 Likes

An echidna at My Osmond is a rare sight.

3 Likes

Early morning play time!

4 Likes

This Hawk wasn’t coming for my head, but I wasn’t sure in the moment.

4 Likes

Absolutely stunning!!!

This is the 5th hole at Mt Osmond GC Uphill drive then dogleg left at the top of the hill. This little guy was walking across the bare area between the tee and the fairway. When I came back down the 6th I found him taking a drink out of the lake in front of the 4th

2 Likes

Man do they have some nasty claws.

@Gisclairj Yes that’s how they climb trees. If they are on the ground and feel threatened, they run for the nearest tree and bound up it. Also these photos show their true size. They are not that big.

1 Like

That picture of the fox above reminded me… a few years ago, in the Fall, hit a shot onto the green and get up there to see a youngish fox staring at … and stalking! … my ball like he thought it was a snack and was gonna pounce on it! :rofl:

Driving home after my round last night and came around a hairpin bend to find a koala crossing the road then got another km down the road and there were 4 kangaroos just sitting on in a grassed area of the side of the road.

2 Likes

Australia has some crazy animals…

No rattle snakes here

1 Like

Yeah, your snakes don’t have the decency to warn you before they bite!

I love Australia! It’s a great country and I have fond memories of visiting it.

Haven’t seen any snakes yet this summer. Last year I saw the same one twice in an ob area I go to to find balls

This past summer

4 Likes

Oh man, geese on the course is always a pain… my parents course has geese on the 18th hole (usually the green) and it’s just a mess while they nest / raise their young…

It is cool to see the goslings learn to fly, though!

From a course in SoCal that I marshaled at this past winter.

Probably the most spectacular thing I saw was several years ago in late summer at a course on the east coast. It was a windy day right along the shore, and we look up from a tee box to see a bald eagle windsurfing about 30 feet above us. He stayed in place for 10-15 seconds before peeling off. We were all too enraptured to get any pics, alas.

1 Like

Reviving the thread here. I see tons of these guys on my early morning rounds. Makes me walk carefully through some areas since stepping on them is about the most disgusting feeling in the world IMO.

4 Likes

Course workers been watchin’ this cub and mom. We kinda figured mama was nearby. Snapped a pic, hit our shots & moved on.

6 Likes

Nice backdrop for a quick morning 9.

5 Likes