Let’s all thank Jon

thanks! So glad to have you here. In less than a week I think we’ve already got a great community going. I’m very excited for the possibilities.

So thanks again to Jon for starting the forums and thanks to everyone for all the great discussions to start it off! I honestly think it helped me be in the mindset to play my best golf this evening and I went out and shot a +2 74 (finishing literally by the light of a full moon). Personal best at my home course and probably could be considered my best score this season (shot a 71 a month or so ago, but easier course IMO).
Welcome to everyone new as well. Let’s keep this forum positive and rolling along!

Great stuff Cory - thanks for saying that!

I’ve got to say that I’m really impressed with the topics and the cordiality of everyone who’s been part of this forum. I’ve learned a few things, got a couple of great recommendations on products, and have a few new drills to try in practice. All in just a few days of participation.
Thanks for setting this up for the golfing world, Jon.

3 Likes

That’s great to hear Tim! My #1 goal with anything I do on PG is to provide real value to readers. I’m so glad to hear that the community has already delivered on that promise.

:metal:looking forward to reading the forum

2 Likes

Welcome, come join the fun!

Jon - random note but big fan of the platform the forums are built on. Very easy to use on computer or mobile. Takes you right to new posts. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks - this place is built on an open source software called Discourse. Glad you are happy with how it’s doing I thought it was the best option available!

1 Like

It really is a great layout. I’ve been super impressed. It is so easy to use and navigate.

It’s so nice to be in a place where people interact with each other and are all positive. I’m hoping nobody comes and tries to mess that up, but if they do, I’m sure they’ll get snuffed out, immediately.

1 Like

I’m trying to get some of the female golfers I know over here for you ladies to have more interaction with each other. Hoping they’ll jump on soon.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic, thanks!

1 Like

@jon - yep really impressed with the platform. Functionality is great (I work in corporate software), really good user experience especially on iPhone

Awesome! Glad you like it :smiley:

New to the site, and I’m particularly impressed by the civility (the resources are excellent and relatable as well!).

It’s clear all skill levels are welcome; many sites get dominated by better players, with higher handicap golfers intimidated into non-participation. Well done @jon and especially the PG community!

9 Likes

Welcome! Ask questions, explore and have fun.

Feel free to dredge up old threads if you find them interesting…

welcome, and thank you for saying that! I think we have a great community here!

4 Likes

I know it costs money for these sites.
If there is a contribution bucket, i am willing/eager to participate.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom.

1 Like

buying stuff through Jon’s links helps, I assume… The Groove It Brush is cheap and highly recommended!

I don’t know if he still has towels or shirts.

1 Like