Incredible Golf Shots

To balance out the Another Reminder that Golf is Hard thread I started before, here’s one for some amazing shots. Kick off with a shot from Jon Rahm during Masters practice today:

8 Likes
  1. Freaking unbelievable - but there it is!
  2. So wish it happened DURING the Masters rather than practice!

The thing about this shot is that it’s a challenge they do every year during practice. There is no way they would try it in a round. Fun to watch though and really awesome.

That may be the coolest shot I’ve ever seen…nope…it’s definitely the coolest shot I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

You mean they don’t want to tee it up in the rough on a downslope?!

He also made an ace on 4 in a practice round this week. 2 aces in a week???

1 Like

The practice rounds at the Masters are more fun to watch than the tournament rounds. It’s a shame the Par 3 tournament won’t be played. It is one of the best traditions in golf.

1 Like

Are you talking about being there?

Yes. I know that’s not possible this year.

Yea your comment made me start another thread about trips to the masters. Should be some fun stories.

Shots like that just reinforce the motto, “These guys are good!”

This one reminded me of another one, not quite so remarkable but still amazing. I was a marshal for the 2014 US Open at Pinehurst #2. We were assigned to the 6th hole for a couple of the practice round days. It was playing a bit over 200 yards (maybe close to 240 from the back of the tee box), and we saw nearly every player hitting a high soft mid- to long-iron. Until Phil got there. He hit this half-swing head-high shot that bounced about 50 or 60 yards short. We thought it must have been a mistake, that he’d skulled it, until we saw his big wide grin as he watched the ball roll right onto the middle of the green. He apparently just wanted to prove that he could do it differently than the rest of the guys.

20 ft closer than any other second shot approach

Then he missed the putt :slight_smile: