Hybrid golf clubs

A 19° hybrid should get you pretty close to that carry distance.

1 Like

I have an 18.5 degree hybrid that I carry 200-205. I’m a bit flippy and impact so I don’t have much forward shaft lean which costs me distance.

1 Like

Looks like you can get down to a 17° should give you that extra… say it in a pirates voice yaaardage!!!

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking 16 or 17 degree. Looks like Tour Edge, Ping and Titleist make those lofts.

I really like Taylormade for Hybrids but they don’t start until 19 degrees these days.

Srixon, Cobra, and Mizuno also make 16°

2 Likes

Have you ever tested your accuracy with hybrids bs fairway woods? I like hybrids better from the rough but I feel like I hit woods better from the fairway. I’m goi g to have to dig into my Shot Scope data.

Hybrids do seems to be a lot better out of the rough. I rarely hit my 3 wood off of the fairway, it’s 250 for me. Rarely am I between 230-260 to a hole. I’m usually either 220 or 280, just seems to work that way for whatever reason. So if I’m either of those distance I go with my 19°, if the pin is front or middle for 220. I feel like I have a better chance hitting my 19° cleaner than my 3wood and the extra 15-20 yards I might get from a well struck 3 wood isn’t worth risk/reward for me.

1 Like

I haven’t, but I definitely know I’m way better with hybrids. I currently have no idea where my fairway wood is going.

1 Like

I doubt I’ll ever have a 3-4 iron ever again. I have hybrids I can put in the bag when I need them, but I’ve discovered at my current course, the 7 wood is more versatile.

1 Like

I love the ability of the hybrid to launch higher. With the irons, especially down in the 3-4 range the launch is low. I can’t think of many times I want to launch the ball lower, unless I’m under some low lying branches.

1 Like

I’m trying it, can’t hit a 3 wood off the fairway…just got a 4 and a 5 hybrid, waiting for the weather to break to try them! Won’t really know till next year, about a week left to play up here.

2 Likes

Is the 4 hybrid a replacement for a 3 wood?

My nickname used to be ‘Ironman’ because my 4i was my go-to. Got a 4h and meh, couldn’t tell much difference. Then a friend taught me the Tree-duckin’ worm-scarein’ 120yard 4h punch. 4h in the bag since. :grin:

3 Likes

Realizing I’m late to this topic. I’ve been using a Taylormade 3H (19 degree) Rescue…it’s got to be at least 10-15 years old. How much would you all say technology has changed over the last 10 or even 5 years in hybrids? I’m thinking I’m due (or overdue) to replace it…and maybe even throw in a 24 degree as well.
I still hit it well…but is it time for some new technology?

Not exactly, have been looking for a 3 hybrid, as a beginner and senior woman, I have quite a time getting any distance on the fairway! Besides the mis-hit shots, have a ways to go on getting more yardage on 2nd and 3rd shots on the fairway.

1 Like

The ball doesn’t care how old whatever just hit it. I’m still playing TM Burner 3W, couldn’t pry it outta my bag.
Sure, try stuff. If it beats your old beater, consider (bag Darwinism).

3 Likes

Yeah - I went ahead and upgraded from my Taylormade Rescue 3 hybrid <19 degrees> (at least 15 years old) to a Big Bertha 4 hybrid <21 degrees> (2019 version). Apparently the ball cared about the newer technology, because I carried it 18-20 yards further :slight_smile: …or at least the “newer” tech made my mind swing better. Took it out today and had a great round.

2 Likes

With my bag of assorted (and some vintage) clubs, I’m loving the hybrids I have, the Adams 6 hybrid and the 4 hybrid more recently Just got my mystery 15 degree hybrid (says win-win on the sole) and have to see if the driving range open at all now with the cold. Don’t really know why but they’re so much easier to hit than fairway woods!

I have a very difficult time finding a hybrid that works and my 3h and 4h Epic Flash with an Atmos Blue are possibly my favorite clubs in the bag. From high shots that land soft to medium trajectory bullets to a 150 yard punch that feeds up into the green, the deep CG and face design makes them a better option for me vs a long iron.

I can’t hit a hybrid for the life of me. Everybody says it’s so easy, and I feel like a complete dummy, because I just can’t seem to get it to work. 8 outta 10 times, all that happens is I top the ball really bad, and it just hobbles forward for like 10 yards or so.

I recently got fitted for Ping irons, and I’m considering getting a G410 Hybrid to complement my set of 6-PW. What confuses me a bit is that Ping says the equivalent to the 5H (at 26° loft) would be the 5-iron - but my G710 6-iron has a loft of 26° itself, so wouldn’t the 4H at 22° be the more logical choice?