Golf Sub 70 Clubs

They aren’t like anything I’ve ever played, but I want a set…

1 Like

Thanks for the info! The offset of the 5 utility is fine with me, and if the utility helps fly the ball a little higher, that’s probably good for me. I’m so close to choosing my Sub70s! Considering demoing a hybrid now.

1 Like

I own two Sub70 wedges. They are the best wedges I’ve ever owned. They still perform well after 150+ rounds.

I’ve hit the 699s and the Pro Fairway wood. Both are really good. I’ll eventually buy the 699/699 pro combo set. Just need to convince the wife. The price tag will help with that!

2 Likes

I was really impressed with the 2 8 irons I hit today from your set.

1 Like

My demo 639 CBs arrived Friday, they look awesome. So far I’ve only hit a few practice balls at home, looking forward to getting them out on the range to really get the feel

2 Likes

I concur that you hit them very well with no warm up. My swing was terrible today but the ones I put a good move on felt great. Even the driver which had been pretty good the last 5 rounds or so was terrible. That’s golf… Let me know if you need help convincing your wife. :joy:

2 Likes

It might be Greaver Cup or Irons in 2021. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

for any curious, I got to try out my demo 639 CBs yesterday. the clubs are phenomenal, unfortunately they were in my hands and after spending a little time with them I don’t think my swing/game is up to their level.

I’ve been reading about the 699 Pros and they seem to be exactly what I’m looking for, combining game improvement with playability. Planning on getting another demo set to try out before making any decisions

5 Likes

I just bought a set of 699 pros…excited to see how they work for me.

3 Likes

@Sub70_Jay Assuming travel is possible next year, do you all do live fittings at the factory? I would see that as a fun and useful trip to take!

1 Like

We’re doing fitting at our facility in Sycamore, IL now. It’s a great time. No cost, no obligation and you can try out whatever you want. All of the fittings are done by our CEO Jason or VP Dan

6 Likes

Awesome! Just gotta convince my company there’s something important I need to do at our Chicago office and I’ll be right over :sweat_smile:
Really though, I’ll be looking into it next year.

3 Likes

It is my birthday tomorrow… sadly, I have a cartilage tear in my back.

2 Likes

When is the fitting?

Whenever Jason isn’t blowing off work to play dismal river, I assume.

1 Like

I demoed the 699 iron/utility combo and I really like them. I’m suddenly questioning whether or not these are right for me because I think (haven’t measured) my swing speed is relatively quite low so I’m not getting the height/distance that I should. Not worse than game improvement irons, but I’m now wondering if I need to be considering super game improvement irons instead. :grimacing: I love the look and feel of the 699s, though, so if my distance is just what it is, then I’d have no reservations about putting them in the bag!

MyGolfSpy worked with Sub 70 to put some 699 Pros in the hands of a few of their readers. Their full reviews are up now: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39727-2020-official-member-review-sub-70-699-pro-irons/. May be worth a read if you’re considering those.

4 Likes

Just ordered demo 699 pro. Really intrigued.

5 Likes

What’s your swing speed like? I found the 699 utility to get up pretty quickly.

1 Like

I just purchased a set of 699 pros…figured that with the 60 day guarantee, what is the worst that can happen?
I’m super excited to get them and now have to wait a week or two…

2 Likes

I haven’t measured my swing speed on a launch monitor or anything, but my carry with the 699 5 utility is only around 150 (followed by a bunch of rollout) while the 699 9 iron carries around 115. I’m not super muscular, but from what others have reported, that seems a bit low.

To be clear, it’s not necessarily the raw distance that I’m focused on. I also worry that the gapping between clubs is pretty small. I also don’t feel like I have any reasonable stopping power, from either spin or descent angle, with anything more than a wedge.

I guess I was thinking that some super game improvement irons might fit me better, if their claims of distance and high launch (despite aggressively strong lofts) are to be believed. What I just realized, though, is that the force I’m able to apply to the ball is going to go some combination of forward (hopefully) and up, and no club is going to magically give me very much extra force in either direction. Right? Maybe I should just go for the 699s because I really like the look and feel and there’s just no beating them in that price range.

1 Like