Golf Sub 70 Clubs

They definitely have caught my eye, the styling is fantastic. Does anyone have any experience with the 939x hybrid? I seem to rotate hybrids in my bag every 2-3 years and curious if anyone has hands on experience, thanks!

2 Likes

Tommy armour 3 are more of a blade, so if you like what they offer, don’t worry about it.

I believe they will be out this year, though.

That’s from end of July… they look awesome

1 Like

That can certainly be a drawback of the DTC model. If you can’t get to our facility, and you really need a proper fitting, we always recommend getting fit locally. We can always build the clubs to those specs from the fitting. We will also be rolling out some demo carts next year. We’ll probably have to start with some major metro areas…but hopefully a lot of golfers will be able to go to a fitting facility within a couple hours of them to try the stuff next year! Thanks for your interest in what we are doing!

2 Likes

Awesome to hear! The pre-owned section has some serious bargains sometimes. Iron sets with upgraded shafts etc etc for less than half of what you would pay through a major manufacturer. Those sets are generally sold as is as far as length, shafts, grips, etc…but we can adjust lofts/lies if necessary before sending them out

2 Likes

That’s correct. We should have two new forged iron models before the end of the year. The TA3 irons and the 649 Tour irons. The TA3 irons will have both a regular graduated offset model as well as a model with minimal and identical offsets throughout the set. Thanks for posting that!

1 Like

I have demo 6 & 9 699 irons now. Placed an order last week for 5-AW and can’t wait to receive them. Hoping Jason & crew beat their lead time to build clubs by a a couple days! Already have 2 of the black wedges and they are awesome!

1 Like

Tell me more about the 649s! Pictures?

Oh, and what’s the story with the new wedges? They look awesome!

1 Like

Just received these from the used club section today. The 58 and 54 have a tiny bit of wear, but I doubt the 50 has even seen a ball.

20200923_165239|690x346

4 Likes

Hopefully LA is a major enough metro area for you all. :wink: Have an event out here once all this COVID stuff is under control and I’ll promise my attendance!

1 Like

I also would like more info on the 649 irons…very intriguing!

1 Like

I’m demoing the 699/699U combo (9 iron, 5 utility). I highly recommend trying them! I might ultimately buy a straight 699 set, but I’m not sure… need to think about what’s going to work best for me. That’s where it gets tricky… the demo club option is great, but it’s hard to compare the iron/utility/hybrid options.

2 Likes

Are you thinking about moving to the 699 Pro in 8-PW? or more utility vs hybrid?

I’d say if you are launching the 5 iron well with the utility, stick with that, and only move into a hybrid if you want more height out of your club…

I play an 18 degree hybrid and a 22 degree 699u, and they are great setup for me, as if I need to keep something low, I hit the utility and if I need to hit it high, I hit the hybrid.

They both fill roles as “position” clubs (I’m less worried about how they land on greens, though I can get the hybrid to stop) and are primarily used to get my back into play and set up a 2nd or 3rd shot.

The differences between the Utility and the 699 are minimal… I think it’s slight more offset.

1 Like

While I love the look of the black finish on the 699 Pro, I think the regular 699 already gives me some room for my ability to grow into them. Definitely more about figuring out where to add hybrids and whether or not to mix in any utilities.

I’m getting better at launching the 5 utility. I’m glad I got to try it, but would also have loved to try a regular 5 or 6 699 iron to know how they differ.

Which do you think would have more offset, utility or regular iron? Despite my higher handicap, I think I prefer less offset. I couldn’t stand the Callaway clubs I tried at a demo day last year because of the amount of offset and how chunky they looked. I know it’s supposed to help, but it just made me feel uncomfortable.

1 Like

@Sub70_Jay can you help out here? I think the utility had more offset… I could even probably look it up…

Offset us .2 more on the utility…

1 Like

It actually depends on the club/loft. They’re really close…tenths of a millimeter either way. Here are the offset numbers in mm…

4 irons
699 - 5.7mm
699U - 5.5mm

5 irons
699 - 5.0mm
699U - 5.2mm

6 irons
699 - 4.3mm
699U - 4.7mm

The 699U Pro could be an option if you want less offset in those longer irons. The Pro only goes 2-4 iron but the offset numbers on the 699U Pro are…

2 - 4mm
3 - 3.75mm
4 - 3.5mm

1 Like

699’s arrived today & into the bag for tomorrow’s round

. I’ll update after a few rounds. Thanks @golfsub70 Jason & crew!

6 Likes

I demo’d the 699s. They were really great and as you have seen by many posts Jason is great and very helpful.

2 Likes

Those really are some beautiful golf clubs.

2 Likes

Perhaps this?

3 Likes

I never felt like a golf club wanted to punch me in the face before, but I’m pretty sure those clubs want to punch me in the face. (and I’m strangely okay with that)

3 Likes