Golf books: what are you reading

Sent him this for Christmas… he’s not able to play right now, so hopefully he enjoys having some books to read!

Started the practice manual today… it’s definitely dense. Enjoy it thus far, and I’m looking forward to implementing it!

3 Likes

Not sure if this one was mentioned earlier but the inner game of golf by Tim Gallwey some really good things in there that helped me. It’s all about the mental.

2 Likes

I see mixed reviews on this book…but just ordered it. Anything to help “quiet the voices”! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

About half way through The Inner Golf Game…and loving it! Thanks @Gisclairj

2 Likes

Me as well, it’s really good. Lots of good stuff in there.

1 Like

Turns out my dad hates Sam Snead… found that out last week!

Oh well.

The Grand Slam by Mark Frost. Story of Bobby Jones and golf. Fascinating!

1 Like

Just ordered The Lost Art of Golf as I’m nearing the end of A Course Called Scotland (now I know what I will do with my time if I win the lottery).

1 Like

I need some more suggestions for my dad… he loves Ben hogan but has likely read most of the common books…

He reads a ton on non fiction, and is recovering from surgery and can’t play golf right now… any and all suggestions would be great.

1 Like

Ryder Cup revealed - Ross Biddescombe
The Greatest Game Ever Played - Mark Frost

Fiction
Golf in The Kingdom - Michael Murphy
The Golf Omnibus - P.G. Wodehouse

1 Like

The Match by Mark Frost. Thrift books.

1 Like

Of course, there’s the possibility that GITK is nonfiction.

1 Like

GITK got a little too Carlos Casteneda for me at the end. Maybe I’ll read it again next year.

1 Like

I’ve thought about reading it in an altered state.

I’ve always struggled to read books while I’m high on Ayahuasca.

An American caddie in St. Andrews is good. And Final Rounds is a great book.

It’s my birthday and I’m very happily reading this on the patio with a very nice Malbec.

3 Likes

I need to practice this technique some more… made a few mistakes recently! Very happy with my touch around the greens… but my 20+ foot touch needs work.

I’m listening to The Art of Learning after hearing @ScottFawcettDECADE talk about having Will Zalatoris listen to it each day when he won the US Junior Amateur. Interesting book for sure.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday and +1 for the Malbec!

1 Like