Etiquette and Don’t Be That Guy

Who, while you’re playing it my group and I am in the middle of my backswing; has to YELL at the Cart girl.

To get his 4th beer :beer: today!

1 Like

In his defense, I blame the first three beers…

But, yeah… that’s obnoxious

5 Likes

I am pretty easy going but a couple things that have happened:

-The guy who left his range finder at home asks you to shoot all his shots, then the bunker, then that tree…
-The guy that bases all his club decisions off the tee from what you’re hitting…
-The guy that feels the need to tell me why I sliced that shot… (I have a coach for that)
-The guy that doesn’t watch his ball after he hit it, either from being blind or being pissed off

I guess that was more than a couple.

2 Likes

It was a quaple.
The big question is, was that all the same guy?

1 Like

Haha no, just some people over the years I have come across

1 Like

My no-filter, hard of hearing, loud anyway father has conditioned me to not even notice that stuff. He’s like Earl Woods without the racial slurs, but I’m like way worse than Tiger.

1 Like

Don’t be that guy that throws a tantrum after every bad shot. It ruins the round for everyone. We’re in an after work beer league for a reason, bad golf happens to us all

4 Likes

Like I said, I am pretty easy going and I can be VERY quiet while playing. I don’t really like to chit chat unless it is just practice or having a few drinks during the round. If I am playing for something I am trying to just focus. Short of just saying “Shut up” I don’t really know how to handle them

1 Like

Way too many of these guys lol, Amen!

2 Likes

It’s hard to approach a loudmouth on the course, especially when they have a few drinks in them. I’m like you in competition. Subdued. Focused. I still expect what most of us would consider a pretty normal level of etiquette even on just for fun rounds.

1 Like

Don’t be the

• 15 minutes in the snack shack at the turn guy
  • 2nd shot for practice guy
  • 4 practice swing guy
3 Likes
  • Never fixes his divot guy
  • Never has a tee guy
  • Never watches his ball or “Did you spot that?” guy
  • Spends 20 minutes searching for a Top Flite guy
  • Doesn’t let faster players through guy
  • Hits on the cart girl, guy
  • “If I would have hit it well this is where it would be” guy
4 Likes
  • “can I borrow your 8 iron” guy

I just realized I’m golf guy

3 Likes

Whats everyone’s record for “that guy” club throws on a hole? On a par 5 I’ve seen driver, long iron, and putter (And made bogey).

Try to avoid playing with him.

Also same person who’s head I’m in :wink:

It’s worse when you’re a lefty so that joke get real old real quick

1 Like

Oh my god I forgot about how old that gets. “You hit from the wrong side of the ball.”

2 Likes

Gotta get some of those lefty golf balls…

1 Like

My best friend got a 7 iron stuck about 30 feet up in a tree then had to climb the tree to get it. Not much makes you feel dumber than being an adult scaling a tree chasing the tool of your tantrum. That was fun to watch.

4 Likes

Oh wow I think the most I’ve seen is 2 that’s impressive! I played with a guy once who was a club slammer, just beating the ground like it had wronged him and forced his bad shot. Never saw him break one but gotta imagine he’s personally finding a fair amount of the club industry

1 Like